If you’re looking for fine cuisine, Borough has always had an outstanding offering and Great Guns Social is another wonderful example of this tradition. With a series of kitchen residency programs curated by celebrity chef, Maria Elia. Hidden behind the unassuming façade of a public house on Southwark…
Glenfiddich x fodder dinner - 5 courses of food and whisky pairings
fodder, the pop-up restaurant dubbed 'fine dining gone wild', is teaming up with Scottish whisky legends Glenfiddich to host a five course dinner of food and whisky pairings at Great Guns Social in Borough.
“Team fodder are big whisky lovers (we’re particularly partial to an old fashioned or six), so to be able to dedicate an entire menu to pairing beautiful whiskies with amazing, seasonal produce is a dream. The chefs are pulling out all the stops to create amazing flavour combinations that will complement the whisky - we’ll be wood-smoking, confit-ing, fermenting - you name it. There will be richness cut through with acidity and textures to die for. I’m drooling just thinking about it.” - fodder founders
Ticket price includes: five courses created by fodder to pair with five whisky selections from Glenfiddich.
Expect bold flavours, beautiful, seasonal produce, and unexpected combinations. A must for whisky lovers!
created by Bence, head barman
chicken fat + ramson bao
Glenfiddich IPA dram
confit chicken wing, crayfish, barbecued corn + courgette with Glenfiddich-rinsed chicken broth
18 year old smoked old fashioned
halibut, gooseberries, sorrel + vermouth sauce
12 year old dram
whisky glazed beef cheek + radishes with potato + turnip press
21 year old dram
roasted white peach, heather honey + milk sorbet
15 year old dram
fodder was created in June 2017 by four friends who share a love of fine food, foraging and sustainability. The two chefs had spent their career working in Michelin-starred kitchens and wanted to break free from the fusty frills, rigid menus and starched tablecloths of the fine dining world to put their skills to work in a more relaxed environment that supports local businesses. For this dinner, they'll be taking inspiration from Glenfiddich to put a twist on their signature style of 'fine dining gone wild.
Full menu for one with whisky pairings
Full vegetarian menu for one with whisky pairings
Great Guns Social 96 Southwark Bridge Road SE1 0EF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.