Spread over two spacious floors of a former Victorian warehouse on Leonard Street, The Book Club is a Shoreditch bar & club serving up cocktails, beers on tap and local DJs. She's iconic for her outrageous parties and dirty basement club nights. The ground floor of the venue has recently been given…
Pretend Club Night
A three part series of club events at The Book Club Shoreditch presenting some of the best emerging DJs in the UK right now, presented by Pretend.
There is no music policy, our guests have free reign to play what they want but we’ve chosen DJs building their reputations across a range of scenes from Jazz, Breaks & House to those exploring the indie and post-punk revival across the UK right now.
22nd July w/ NÜWA NRTH & Gimme A Break Records
A night of breaks and garage.
22:00-00:00 NÜWA NRTH, another duo, these two play a mix of minimalist house, techno and garage. Catch them on Threads, Balamii and Foundation FM every month.
00:00-02:00 Gimme A Break Records, breakbeats and garage. Their debut compilation “We Are Viable” found its way to the top of the Bandcamp charts last year raising money for MAP Charity and they’ve since followed up with a slew of stellar releases. This will be their first London show and we’re delighted to have them down from Leeds.
12th August w/ Never Heard of Ya & RED
22:00-00:00 Never Heard of Ya, Harley Cassidy and Lola Stephen, are a DJ duo and one of the most exciting live music promoters in London at the moment. Playing everything pushing at the boundaries of the mainstream they’re fast becoming essential tastemakers through their Boogaloo and Why Now radio residencies… that said they might just play George Michael on repeat.
00:00-02:00 RED, coming to London from Wales by way of Bristol, RED is an eclectic DJ exploring the more experimental side of dance music from house music to breaks you can find her making a racket on both Balamii and 1020 Radio monthly and applying her impeccable taste to The Bottle roster.
19th August w/ Jazz Revelations & Creole Cuts
A night for the jazz heads among you.
22:00-00:00 Ally J Steel, founder of Jazz Revelations, one of the UK’s best new Jazz blogs takes the decks for the first two hours.
00:00-02:00 Pretend DJs and special guests TBA
|General Admission||21:00 - 02:00||£5.00|
100 – 106, Leonard Street, EC2A 4RH
Old Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.