Spread over two spacious floors of a former Victorian warehouse on Leonard Street, The Book Club has been kitted out for eating, drinking, thinking and meeting. The interior blends the raw, pared-down character of the factory building with layers of bespoke furniture, giving it a cosy second-home feel…
All Twerk And No Play
The dance phenomenon known as twerking has sent the world into a booty poppin’ frenzy. So say hello to our monthly All Twerk And No Play session - our half-dance-class, half-basement-bashment social. Don’t worry if you’re not much of a mover, as we’ve got our very own ‘Queen of Bounce’, Scarlett O’Hora, who’ll teach you all the dancefloor moves. And who knew it can burn up to 600 calories an hour?
Each month is a different theme and this one is inspired by some of our favourite twerk-tastic music videos. So let's Wiggle, Drop It Like It's Hot and Shake It Like A Salt Shaker!
Come and learn all the flavours of twerking including the booty pop, booty clap, body roll, double dribble (twerking each bum cheek) and more. Once you’ve learnt the foundations, you’ll then learn how to incorporate them into a routine. After that, we invite you to grab a drink and freestyle! Get as wild as you like - anything goes (except wrecking balls). No previous twerking experience necessary!
Music: Bashment, afrobeats, reggae, dancehall, R&B, hip hop
Dress code: Clothes you can move in that make you feel fabulous.
|Advance||18:30 - 20:00||£8.00|
100 – 106, Leonard Street, EC2A 4RH
Old Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.