Just take a quick walk from Paddington Tube station and you will come across Smith's Bar & Grill alongside the canal. Their patio is perfectly placed to enjoy cocktails on a summer evening. The modern and professional décor helps to create a perfect setting for after work drinks and cocktailswhich…
LondonSwedes' Crayfish Festival
LondonSwedes' Crayfish Festival 2018
Londonswedes.com is back for the seventh year in a row hosting the biggest traditional Swedish "Kräftskiva" (crayfish party) in London!
During 6 weeks every year, Swedes celebrate the crayfish season by eating loads of crayfish, drinking schnapps and singing songs! It's a bit like an extension of our Midsummer celebrations, minus the Maypole!
(31st August, 1st September 2018, London)
Swedish community and events company LondonSwedes will be hosting their annual Crayfish Festival at Smith's Bar and Grill in Paddington, West London. Smith's Bar & Grill is a British & modern European inspired eatery in the heart of Paddington. The spacious, daylight-filled venue with a gorgeous year-round terrace overlooks the beautiful Grand Union Canal.
Due to cold and long winters, Swedes harvests could be limited to short periods and so the importance of seasonal products in Swedish cuisine has been highlighted and celebrated in our traditions long before it was fashionable. In 1907, strict limitations were placed on when crayfish could be harvested, normally for a month starting from the first Wednesday in August, known as ‘Kräftpremiären’ – the crayfish premier and the event itself is called Kräftskiva.
The general set up for Crayfish parties are big tables outside, decorated with paper lanterns and candles, were the guests wears essential accessories such as traditional paper hats and bibs. Big plates of dill-scented boiled crayfish are laid out, accompanied by crisp bread, butter and a selection of strong cheeses. Drinking songs or ‘snapsvisor’, are sung during the course of the meal which is, of course, finished off with spiced and herb flavored snaps!
The Crayfish Party
The event kicks off with everyone receiving a kit with the essentials for a Crayfish party: The hat, bibs, and songbooks. Face painters will put some sparkle on the guests and raffle tickets will be able to buy throughout the event.
Food is served an hour into the event and everyone will be treated to a starter consisting of a traditional Swedish plate: meatballs, mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam from FELIX. As a main, a delicious tasty buffet of crayfish will be served. Several kinds of herring from Swedish brand ABBA along sides such as creamy potato salad, Västerbotten cheese and different kinds of bread will be served.
To start of the tradition of singing Snaps-songs, everyone will be given a shot of ABSOLUT EXTRAKT and a hostess will lead the singing. The singing continues into the night and at the end of the event, a raffle draw will take place leaving several guests with exciting prizes. Drinks will be available to buy in the Swedish inspired bar during the event. Many fun surprises are on the schedule for both days!
Join the event on Facebook for updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/566791950334001/
Friday Dinner, Saturday Dinner
Early Bird £29
Org price £35
Students get 30% off with code CRAYSTUDENT (Valid ID)
Saturday Lunch is always £29
Kids 0-3 FREE
Kids 3-15 £15
Kids are only allowed on Saturday Lunch.
|Crayfish Party Friday||18:00 - 00:00||£35.00|
|Crayfish Lunch||13:00 - 17:00||£29.00|
|Crayfish Sat Dinner||19:00 - 00:00||£35.00|
Only valid on the Saturday Lunch event
|13:00 - 17:00||£15.00|
Kids 0-3 FREE
Only valid on the Saturday Lunch event
|13:00 - 17:00||Free admission|
25 Sheldon Square W2 6EY
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.