Rake’s, a place to escape the city, is a day to night eating and drinking destination located next to Liverpool Street station and on the cusp of Shoreditch. The modern café bar offers simple and comforting food alongside fantastic coffee and an innovative cocktail menu of modern and classic concoctions…
Andaz Salon | Brunch & Workshop with VIN + OMI
- No reviews.
- Rake’s Café Bar
Rake’s Café Bar are inviting eco-conscious fashion and design lovers from London and further afield to enjoy an interactive brunch workshop with well-known fashion duo VIN+OMI, in an initiative to bring creative local talent together as part of the Andaz Salon initiative, a series of locally inspired events that deliver cultural experiences and serve as creative inspiration for Andaz guests and visitors.
Whilst sipping on bottomless cocktails on tap and sampling Rake’s brunch favourites, guests will get the chance to get crafty and upcycle items of clothing, with a choice to paint, embellish or completely change an outfit to create a new look. At hand, they will be able to pick from lettering, sequins and other accessories. Finished creations will not only revamp winter wardrobes with the season’s latest trends, but may even provide the perfect festive gift for a loved one.
During lunch Vin and Omi will come and talk to you about what you want to achieve from the workshop. When you purchase your ticket, please select one of the below options and give us an idea of what you would like to achieve. The more information we have, the better we can help provide the right materials.
For the more daring there will be basic sewing machines available, please bring own machine if you have one as there’ll be limited availability.
1. UPCYCLE / RECYCLE a garment or combine two or three garments
2. ALTER a garment - take it in, add a belt, etc. (Please sends us a picture of the garment and let us know what you would like to achieve with it)
3. PAINT a garment
4. EMBELLISH a garment by:
- Adding vinyl lettering
- Adding sequins / ribbons, etc.
- Anything else!
In a world still churning out trendy throw-away fashion pieces at breakneck speed, the idea of upcycled or refashioned apparel can be an anomaly but it is a continuously growing trend and one that VIN+OMI, who are known for their innovative approach to eco-fashion, pioneer.
The eco-conscious duo, who kicked off this year’s London Fashion Week, will provide one-to-one style consultations on how to bring pre-loved items of clothing back on trend through unique and exciting upcycling techniques.
VIN+OMI are creative partners of Andaz London Liverpool Street and are currently showcasing their SS19 collection throughout the hotel. Items from the AW18 collection will also be available at Rake's to provide inspiration for the guests' creations.
“We are thrilled to have partnered with Rake’s Café Bar and to be part of such a forward-thinking brunch concept. We hope to encourage attendees to continue to think about the environment and to consider changes they can make to items in the future before simply throwing old clothing away,”
In the meantime, and in order to get the creative energy flowing, bottomless cocktails on tap and dishes such as the buttermilk chicken burger with chipotle ketchup, walnut waffle and lemon crème fraiche as well as the signature Rake’s Benedict will be available for guests to enjoy, making this the ultimate fashion brunch experience.
Rake’s, 40 Liverpool Street, London, EC2M 7QN
|Andaz Salon||13:00 - 16:00||£35.00|
Andaz Hotel 40, Liverpool Street, EC2M 7QN
Liverpool Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.