'London's Biggest Night Out' in the heart of Leicester Square, the Hippodrome Casino is a stylish, quirky and grand casino with something for everyone. Open 24/7 with free entry and the Best Steak Restaurant in London, it's not solely designed for gamblers. Whether you're looking for a flutter, a cabaret…
Iain MacKenzie, Lance Ellington & Shane Hampsheir - Live in Concert
- The Hippodrome Casino
Introducing London’s hottest new vocal trio and featuring the greatest hits from the worlds of big band swing and classic pop, The Hippodrome Casino is delighted to welcome three of the most experienced and sought after vocal entertainers in Britain today; Iain Mackenzie, Lance Ellington and Shane Hampsheir. Whether you love the silky sounds of Sinatra or the bouncy beat of a big band, then you don’t want to miss this show! Join us for this outstanding and vivacious celebration of music by the likes of The Rat Pack, Andy Williams and Bobby Darin with a spicy pinch of latin numbers and iconic pop tunes.
Over the years, Lance Ellington has worked with some of the top international artists and orchestras, including Tina Turner, Robbie Williams, Sting, George Michael, Susan Boyle, conductor Carl Davis, the Royal Philharmonic, Malaysian and Prague Symphony Orchestras. Since 2011, Lance has been regularly appearing as a vocalist on BBC’s live series ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, electrifying the podium with his renditions of big ballads and swing numbers, including 'Gangnam Style' in Korean! Lance is the son of the late, great 50s bandleader and jazz singer Ray Ellington. He has toured the UK with his 8-piece band, blending the music of his father with the Duke Ellington sound and some of his own original compositions. He also appeared as his father in the film “The Life and Death of Peter Sellers” starring Geoffrey Rush and Charlize Theron.
Shane Hampsheir is recognised within the music industry as both a very talented jazz/swing singer and a versatile and accomplished performer. As a professional singer, Shane has performed a number of highly acclaimed one-man shows in jazz clubs and theatres around the UK and Europe and is widely regarded as one of the country’s top swing singers and is in constant demand with many big bands and orchestras. Shane’s big band experience includes working with the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra, Spice Fusion, the Len Phillips Jazz Orchestra and the Peter Long Orchestra. In 2017, Shane released his debut big band album featuring songs such as, 'I Put a Spell on You', 'Hallelujah, I Love Her So' and 'Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps' and reached number four in the UK Jazz Album Chart.
The trio met several years ago whilst working at The Sporting Club, Monte Carlo with the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra, led by saxophonist Peter Long. This is a very special reunion performance and one not to be missed!
Band: Rob Barron - keys, Robert Anstey - bass, Matt Skelton - drums, Peter Long - sax, George Hogg - trumpet.
|General Seating||20:00 - 22:00||£20.00|
The Hippodrome Casino, Cranbourn Street, WC2H 7JH
Leicester Square (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13 STRICTLY OVER 18's ONLY