Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of Islington is an emerald-tiled bar known as Humble Grape. Similar to their sister sites in Liverpool Street, Fleet Street and Battersea, the Islington branch is a charming spot, perfect for a food and drink. With a cosy and spacious dining area, it's the…
THE MANY FACES OF PINOT
- No reviews.
- Humble Grape Islington
Did you know…Pinot Noir = Pinot Grigio = Pinot Blanc?
Basically, Pinot Gris/Grigio and Pinot Blanc are simply colour mutations of Pinot Noir – so if you’re a Pinot Noir fanatic, start drinking ALL the Pinots!
The Pinot family is a unique one – each pinot grape variety has their own distinctive personality that creates some of the world’s most outstanding reds, whites, rosés, and sparkling wines.
Pinot Noir – the mother of all Pinots, is notoriously neurotic! Tricky to grow, a difficult one in the winery, it’s a hard egg. BUT, when coaxed to its fullest expression, and we quote Miles from Sideways, “the flavours are just the most haunting, brilliant, thrilling and subtle thing on the planet.”
Pinot Grigio/Gris is way more forgiving than Pinot Noir – it’s not as fussy and it can create a lot of different styles. It can be zippy and fresh, dry and fruity or sweet and fruity. It’s often a very light wine that makes for a perfect chilled sipper on a hot summer’s day.
Pinot Blanc is a helpful grape! These useful, easy to ripen grapes, are helpers – they are often blended with other grape varieties to add roundness, acidity, and fruity flavours. It’s also really versatile and on its own, can create many different styles of wine appealing to a range of palettes.
We’re going to be exploring six brilliant & temperamental Pinot grape varieties from around the world and taking you along for the ride.
We’ll kick off with a sparkling wine reception, followed by a tasting of six fantastic Pinots including:
Cantina Ronca Pinot Grigio, Veneto, Italy
* Sparkling welcome reception.
* Guided tasting of six glorious Pinots, all from small, sustainable producers from around the world.
* An impeccable spread of award-winning cheeses, charcuterie, and sourdough bread + olives and smoked almonds.
* Tastings cost £55 and are for two hours.
Whether you’re a wine novice or a seasoned expert, anyone and everyone is welcome. There’s no complicated wine lingo, slideshows, or boring presentations. Our wine tastings are all about having fun and enjoying fantastic wine with great company.
The Many Faces of Pinot
Exploring this brilliant yet temperamental grape variety from around the world.
|18:30 - 20:30||£55.00|
11-13 Theberton St, N1 0QY
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.