Paper Dress is a boutique clothing shop in the heart of trendy Shoreditch, but only by day. By night this bijou shop comes into its own and has a cool bar that keeps the crowds satisfied while they listen to the best live music Shoreditch has to offer. The bar has a friendly house-party vibe as people…
NYC '77: CBGBs vs Studio 54
NEW YORK. 1977.
Two night time institutions celebrated under one roof at Paper Dress Vintage for one night only.
ROOM 1 - CBGBs
Performing live >>>
*THE SCREAMING HEEBEE GEEBEES*
The Screaming Heebee Geebees have convened for one night only to blast out the best blitzkrieg pop that 70s New York City has to offer. Think the Ramones, Blondie, Television, Patti Smith and anyone else who looked cool in a thrift store leather jacket, torn jeans and holding a well-thumbed Rimbaud or Verlaine.
*BRIDPORT DAGGER PLAY SUICIDE*
Bridport Dagger performing as a two piece will be keeping your dreams alive by using drum machines and synths for the first time to recreate the energy of seminal band Suicide
*JIM RHESUS & FRIENDS*
Jim Rhesus and friends will be focusing on the raw energy of the lower east side scene by playing the Ramones and some rare tracks from the time.
*DAVE FUDGE* (CBGBs veteran)
Plus DJ sets from..
Mauro Venegas (Some Weird Sin)
ROOM 2 - STUDIO 54
DJ sets from >>>
*MR BOOGIE a.k.a The Vinyl Junkie (Soulsa/Shoreditch Radio) & Rob Coley (Soul-Identity Music) spin a selection of classics from the legendary 70s New York Disco label Salsoul Records
*BARBARELLA DISCO DOME
*HARLEN BRETZ (General Public)
Dress to impress!
352a Mare Street E8 1HR
Hackney Central (Rail)
352a Mare Street E8 1HR
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.