Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
The Original Wailers feat Al Anderson
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Forty years on, the legacy of reggae musician Bob Marley is still alive. Al Anderson of the original Bob Marley & The Wailers lineup will be bringing all the top hits from the Legend album!
Bob Marley left his body behind some 40 years ago, but his music is still with us. His spirit comforting us and lifting our spirits. Join THE ORIGINAL WAILERS as they carry on Marley’s message of love and unity and perform hits from LEGEND album– an experience which will no doubt have the audience singing along, clapping hands and smiles beaming.
Reggae Royalty, Jamaica’s THE ORIGINAL WAILERS featuring Al Anderson return to perform the iconic BOB MARLEY & THE WAILERS album LEGEND, plus a special encore of Greatest Hits. A unique experience of the biggest Reggae act of all time is sure to have you swaying and singing along to songs that have captured fans from all generations.
BOB MARLEY & THE WAILERS have sold more than 250 million albums worldwide. LEGEND is the best-selling reggae album of all time and has been certified 13 x Platinum in U. The album is jam-packed with classic after classic – Is This Love, Could You Be Loved, Three Little Birds, One Love, No Woman No Cry, Get Up, Stand Up, Buffalo Soldier, I Shot The Sheriff, Jamming, Get Up Stand Up, Redemption Song to name a few. This will be an unforgettable experience as THE ORIGINAL WAILERS perform the LEGEND album.
In 1974 when Bob Marley went solo, on the brink of international stardom, he surprised the music community by choosing as American born lead guitarist, Al Anderson. It was Anderson's stunning lead work on such classics as No Woman, No Cry, & Three O’clock Road Block, that first alerted rock fans to the Wailer’s music.
Andersons’ musical achievements with Bob Marley & The Wailers include the platinum award-winning albums, ‘Live at the Lyceum’, ‘Babylon by Bus’ and ten times platinum album ‘Legend’.
The Orignal Wailers received their own Grammy nomination in 2013 for their album ‘Miracle’ making it Andersons’ second Grammy Nomination. Al Anderson is the sole member of the Bob Marley & The Wailers mid - 1970’s lineup in the Original Wailers.
The Original Wailers also include Chet Samuel (Lead Vocals / Guitar), Omar Lopez (Bass Guitar), Paapa Nyarkoh (Drums), and Adrian AK Cisneros (Keyboards and Organ) who continue the legacy of Bob Marley & The Wailers’ music.
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.