The Forge is an award-winning, acoustically-designed music & arts venue in the heart of London’s Camden Town. Housed in a sustainable, architecturally-designed building, The Forge shares the space with on-site restaurant The Forge Cantina. It's a unique and flexible space that creates a vibrant…
BEYOND THE NOTES: Sir Peter Maxwell Davies
- The Forge
This event sees the launch of Ensemble Perpetuo’s innovative composer portrait series, BEYOND THE NOTES. Joined by the Artistic Director of St. Magnus International Festival in Orkney, Alasdair Nicolson, Perpetuo will guide you through the life, influences and works of Peter Maxwell Davies.
This concert features a wide variety of Maxwell Davies' solo and chamber works as well as the London Premiere of Alasdair Nicolson's Magnus III for violin and oboe. Also included is a performance of Sonatina for Violin Alone which Peter Maxwell Davies wrote for our violinist Fenella Humphreys in 2014. The event is divided into 3 sets and offers a great opportunity to hear the music of Maxwell Davies in a relaxed setting that offers unique insights into his life and the inspiration behind his music.
PETER MAXWELL DAVIES Quartet Movement
JOHN DOWLAND Lachrimae Antique
ALASDAIR NICOLSON Magnus III (LONDON PREMIERE)
PETER MAXWELL DAVIES Sonatina for violin alone
PETER MAXWELL DAVIES Start Point (Four Sanday Tunes)
PETER MAXWELL DAVIES Lullaby for Violin and Cello
PETER MAXWELL DAVIES Farewell to Stromness (quartet version)
PETER MAXWELL DAVIES Midhouse Air for Violin and Viola
PETER MAXWELL DAVIES First Grace of Light for Oboe
THOMAS TOMKINS A Sad Paven for these Distracted Tymes
PETER MAXWELL DAVIES A Sad Paven for these Distracted Tymes
Ensemble Perpetuo is a dynamic and versatile collective of musicians who perform a wide variety of traditional and contemporary chamber music in new settings. Founded in 2013 by English oboist, James Turnbull, Ensemble Perpetuo aims to bring chamber music to new audiences through exciting collaborations and innovative repertoire choices. Ensemble Perpetuo is building numerous partnerships with composers, theatres, dance companies, chefs, artists, photographers, film makers and digital studios. It seeks new pathways in which to experiment and augment the concert experience through multi-art form collaborations.
Perpetuo have appeared in the Totally Thames, Little Venice, and Rye Festivals and released their debut recording for Champs Hill Records in August 2016. Following the sell out inaugural season of events produced by Perpetuo in 2015, an exciting season of events lies ahead for the group in 2016/17 as they extend their series of site specific performances of chamber music in found locations throughout the UK.
Ensemble Perpetuo is made up of active soloists, chamber players and orchestral musicians who can be found performing in numerous orchestras and prestigious venues throughout the UK.
Ensemble Perpetuo is registered as a charitable organisation in the UK (Registered Charity Number 1163833).
|19:00 - 22:30||£12.00|
|19:00 - 22:30||£10.00|
The Forge 3-7 Delancey Street NW1 7NL
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.