Dr Sketchy Glasgow
- Stereo Cafe Bar
Dr Sketchy’s Anti-Art School was founded in 2005 by New York illustrator Molly Crabapple. Dr Sketchy is the little Brooklyn event that became a global phenomenon.
There are now over 100 sessions taking place across the globe and Dr Sketchy Glasgow boasts one of the largest and most unique. Instead of static figures drawn by artists in silence in a cold art class, our models are burlesque stars, contortionists, fire-jugglers, tattooed beefcakes, cabaret artistes and sideshow freaks. Snappy poses are accompanied by music interspersed with performances and competitions.
Dr Sketchy Glasgow has received full-page spreads in The Scotsman, graced the cover of The List Magazine, featured in countless TV and Radio features and one of their regulars even produced a high-profile exhibit of work from sketches at the sessions that was featured as part of Glasgow Art Festival.
|General Admission||13:00 - 15:00||£7.00|
Available if you are are a student, over 60, have a disability or on benefits etc - please note valid proof must be provided on entering the event e.g. valid student card
|13:00 - 15:00||£5.00|
Stereo Cafe Bar, 22-28, Renfield Lane, Glasgow, G2 6PH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.