The city of Cambridge will pulsate with the sights, sounds and flavours from the African continent. CAFF brings together, writers, academics, directors, fashion and cuisine for an amazing week of events for all the family to enjoy.
Ask your BF's, GF's, BFFE, Undefined Partner, hot guy from work, or your ex-who-is-still-kind-of-your-friend Ask your secret crush, ask your flatmate, ask your Ex... But whatever you do: #DONTGOALONE
Opening CAFF: LOVE THE ONE YOU LOVE + Q&A
Welcome by Cambridge Film Trust director and CAFF director
FILM TITLE: LOVE THE ONE YOU LOVE + Q&A Director: Jenna Cato Bass Starring: Chi Mhende and Andile Nebulane Country of origin: South Africa Release date: 2014 Length: 105 min Language: English and isiXhosa, with English subtitles Genre: Romantic comedy, drama, mystery
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Cambridge African Film Festival
The Cambridge African Film Festival (CAFF) is the oldest annual African film festival in the UK. It was initiated in May 2002 by a small group of graduate students at the University of Cambridge as a way of screening the best contemporary African films, increasing knowledge and awareness of African and black culture in the UK, providing a UK audience for African filmmakers, and offering an important counterbalance to the Western media’s stereotyping of Africa. Now in its thirteenth year, and promising to continue for many years to come, the CAFF has won a reputation as a high-profile and important cinematic and educational event. Taking place in and amongst the magical 800-year-old buildings and natural surroundings of the University of Cambridge, the CAFF offers a very special experience to guests and visitors.
The festival is partnered with Film Africa, to whom we would like to offer our sincerest thanks for their ongoing support.
If you would like to get involved in the CAFF, please contact:
Director, Cambridge African Film Festival 2014