BRISTOL WING FEST 2020
- Lloyds Amphitheatre
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY
**Friday 8th May is VE Bank Holiday - That's right, a day off work!**
The ticket includes a signature Wing Fest Trucker Hat which you collect at the entrance.
The ticket also gives you free access to axe throwing, fair ground rides, fair ground games, Bourbon masterclasses, BBQ cooking demos, hot sauce making demos, live bands, musicians, DJ's and more.
This wing-centric two-day festival will turn a little slice of Bristol into a poultry eating, music thumping, axe throwing, beer and bourbon drinking weekend of epic proportion.
Who really does the best wings? - You decide! Vote on the day!
The world's biggest chicken wing showdown is coming to Bristol to provide the answer to that burning question - who really does do the best wings? On the 8th and 9th of May at Lloyds Amphitheatre, competitors from across the UK will work their culinary magic and showcase the very best.
Wing Warrior's of Bristol will battle it out to be to crowned King or Queen of Wings in two categories:
Best Buffalo Wing
Described in the North American dictionary, from where this mighty morsel hales, as "Deep-fried wings coated in a spicy sauce." Of course to those in the know, this description simply doesn’t do this wonderful creation justice and the search for the best is fiercely contested across the world.
Best Wild Wing
This category is looking to explore and demonstrate the many exciting ways a chicken wing can be prepared and served in the broadest sense possible. In this category anything goes. Any flavour, any technique, any taste. Basically the rule is, there are no rules.
The culinary warriors battling it out in 2020 are a mixture of street food vendors, pop up legends, and restaurants from all over the UK.
All wings are £1 each and will be sold in individual joints (drums or flats) to allow voters to try as many wings as possible from each of the contestants. You can vote for your favourite wing via the Wing Fest website on the event days.
For the greediest of wing eaters among you, the always popular Frank's RedHot Wing Eating Competition will be taking place on both event days.
Clifton Chilli Club will be guest hosting the deadly Lava Wing Challenge, the UK's hottest wing challenge, and renowned for the carnage it causes. It will also feature on both days.
Sign up for the eating comps is on the day, and will be announced from the main stage.
Competitors will have to adhere to strict rules to make it even more of a challenge!
You can expect entertainment such as live blues music, brass bands, bourbon master classes, axe throwing, bbq cooking demonstrations, as well as DJs playing summer party vibe tunes into the night.
Friday 8th May: Mid day – 21:00. **BANK HOLIDAY**
Last entry 20:00
Saturday 9th May: Mid day – 21:00
Last entry 20:00
There will be no re-entry on either days.
This event is taking place outside and we hope for sunny weather but please prepare for any conditions that may be advised.
All wings cost £1. We advise that you do not solely rely on card transactions and bring cash with you for this event.
Allergen information will be available upon arrival. Please be aware that no food and drink will be allowed to be brought into the event site except in limited circumstances on proven medical grounds. Water refill points will be available.
In formation regarding which traders are serving halal wings will be published closer to the time.
Children under 12 get in free providing they have a free ticket and must be accompanied by an adult. There are a limited number of free child tickets available, once these have sold out we are unable to release any more. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
By purchasing a ticket for this event and by entering the premises of the event site you consent to being filmed and photographed and that your image may be used for promotional purposes.
This is a food event so unfortunately pets are not allowed.
Tickets are non-refundable.
Lloyds Amphitheatre, Explore Ln, Bristol, BS1 5LL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. All ticket holders are advised that the best way to get to the event is via public transport. Look out for our way finders who will be there to help get you to us.
13. Saturday last entry is at 20:00. Friday last entry 20:00.
14. Re entry is at the organisers discretion.
15. This event is taking place outside and we hope for a sunny day but please prepare for any weather conditions that may be advised.
16. All wings cost £1 per joint (1 joint = 1 drum, 1 joint = 1 flat). We advise that you do not rely solely on card transactions and bring cash with you for this event.
17. Allergen information will be available upon arrival. Please be aware that no food and drink will be allowed to be brought into the event site except in limited circumstances on proven medical grounds. Water refill points will be available.
18. All children under 12 get in free, but they must be accompanied by a paying adult AND have a child ticket. Free child tickets are limited.
19. No pets allowed.
20. Under 18's have to be accompanied by an adult
21. By purchasing a ticket for this event and by entering the premises of the event site you consent to being filmed and photographed and that your image may be used for promotional purposes.
22. By purchasing a ticket you agree to be contacted by Wing Fest Ltd for Wing Fest related promotional messages