CINESTOCK DRIVE-IN CINEMA - THE GREATEST SHOWMAN (Early Screening)
- BRIGHTON RACECOURSE
This year see’s the 85th anniversary of the classic American Style Drive-in cinema; the cult classic events were first created in New Jersey USA on the 6th of June 1933. We can assure you are equipment has come a long way since they first began, but the experience is just as great as it was when it all began some 85 years ago.
We’ve teamed up with one of the most iconic venues in Brighton to bring you a run of 6 nights of Drive-in Cinema, showing 10 films across those evenings, all at the fantastic BRIGHTON RACECOURSE.
THE FILM – THE GREATEST SHOWMAN (FILM STARTS 19:00)
A film that Celebrates the birth of show business, and tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.
Orphaned, penniless but ambitious and with a mind crammed with imagination and fresh ideas, the American Phineas Taylor Barnum will always be remembered as the man with the gift to effortlessly blur the line between reality and fiction. Thirsty for innovation and hungry for success, the son of a tailor will manage to open a wax museum but will soon shift focus to the unique and peculiar, introducing extraordinary, never-seen-before live acts on the circus stage. Some will call Barnum's wide collection of oddities, a freak show; however, when the obsessed showman gambles everything on the opera singer Jenny Lind to appeal to a high-brow audience, he will somehow lose sight of the most important aspect of his life: his family.
FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS
The weekend of good times and great films starts here, Friday and Saturday nights see’s us bringing double bill movie nights, just like the US drive-in theatres use to and still do.
That means if you really love cinema you can buy one of our double bill tickets for the two screenings on the same night. Or just select one of the two films you’d like to see on the evening in question.
SUNDAYS ARE SPECIAL
Our Sunday night screenings will feature just one film and aimed at a older audience, our Sunday screenings are a little bit cheaper as well.
HOW IT ALL WORKS ON THE NIGHT
We make things as easy as they can be, because not only do you like it like that, so do we. So with that in mind, so are our Drive-in Screenings, simply get to the venue with ample time to spare before the start of your film, our front of house team will be waiting for you and when ready will direct you into your designated parking spot for the evening.
Then it’s just a case of switch off your engine, recline your seat, crack open your window and sit back relax and get ready for a night of fun with a must see classic blockbuster or two.
FILMS TO EXCITE YOU
We’ve got 6 nights and 10 great films to select from, from films for the car lover among us, to action, comedy and family friendly classics. There is a film to suit all types of film lover and age group.
THE VENUE - BRIGHTON RACECOURSE
For over 250 years, Brighton Racecourse has hosted racing, with The Prince of Wales (George IV) encouraging its popularity in the late 1700’s and allowing the racecourse and city to thrive.
Brighton Racecourse is situated on Whitehawk Hill, around 1 mile away from the coast, and originates back to 1783, when the first official race was held in the area. The site has become more than just a racecourse. Investing in it's facilities has made it one of the leading venues in the south.
Set within 20 acres of beautiful countryside and with stunning views over the city and English Channel, Brighton Racecourse has the huge benefit of a fantastic setting to accompany our exciting events.
· No food & Drink Allowed (Food & Drink sold onsite only)
· Bar, hot food & drinks available
· Please be aware that if possible we will give space next to cars for outside seating, although this is not guaranteed and is only if we
have enough space on the night. These events are very popular so it depends on the number on the night. (These are not guaranteed,
but will be given whenever possible)
Sunday Only - Standard Car - (1 Film screening only)
This is the normal standard ticket, allowing 1 car with two passengers
|17:30 - 21:10||£20.00|
Additional Persons Tickets - (1 Film screening only)
This is an additional persons ticket, if you already have two people, which is what comes with your standard car ticket. Then for every additional person you will need one of these tickets.
|17:30 - 21:10||£4.00|
BRIGHTON RACECOURSE, Freshfield Rd,, Brighton, BN2 9XZ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.