A Drink with Mother
An experimental new experience from The Society of Cocktails. A Drink with Mother.Join us for this strange exploration into the fungal, the technological and the human. The Society are inviting audiences to visit their new residency space in the Lanes at Rybka. A Drink with Mother is a story-based tasting course of cocktails - each one an exploration into fermentation, heightened presentation and unusual technologies.
Experts in immersive dining and storytelling; The Society of Cocktails have explored the uncanny and in this 60 minute art-speakeasy. You can expect an encounter with ‘Mother’ - a fungal, cordycepal entity, designed in collaboration with, and voiced by Artifical Intelligence.
You’ll taste 4 strange creations - each entirely original and an extension of the story - like the Shitake Martinez, a smooth and umami reinvented classic and Bloomed Mastic Confit; a sweet resinous experience that allows you to temporarily telepathically communicate with Mother.
Previous Society Meetings ;
Tea with BABA / Cocktails in the Forest / Cocktails on the Beach
|Thursday 25th May 18:00-19:00||18:00 - 19:00||£30.00|
|Thursday 25th May 20:00-21:00||20:00 - 21:00||£30.00|
|Friday 26th May 18:00-19:00||18:00 - 19:00||£30.00|
|Friday 26th May 20:00-21:00||20:00 - 21:00||£30.00|
|Thursday 1st June 18:00-19:00||18:00 - 19:00||£30.00|
|Thursday 1st June 20:00-21:00||20:00 - 21:00||£30.00|
|Friday 2nd June 18:00-19:00||18:00 - 19:00||£30.00|
|Friday 2nd June 20:00-21:00||20:00 - 21:00||£30.00|
Rybka, 41, Meeting House Ln, Brighton, BN1 1HB
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
Society of Cocktails
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.