Kebab Festival - dedicated to Kebabs
- Mutt Motorcycles
Get your napkins on the ready as the dirtiest finger-licking sauce dripping street-food festival is back and trust us, Kebabingham 2019 will be pure dirty!
Experimental street food pioneers Taste & Liquor presents - the brilliantly titled - Kebabingham! A street-food festival dedicated to the humble kebab.Now in its second year, Birmingham's yearly festival Kebabingham is a foodies festival like no other.
Who can honestly claim never to have wandered the city streets in the wee hours that come between clubbing and bedtime in search of a dirty Donna Kebab? If you're fed up with the sub-standard meat shavings offered by the majority of kebab and falafel joints, then head towards Kebabingham for the best pitta in town!
For most people, thinking about Kabab cuisine generally conjures up in the mind countless images of delicious meaty kebabs. But for the most part, these imaginings are limited to the standard döner kebab and shish kebab that the high-street world is accustomed to. But in fact, the types of kebabs available in Kebabingham are countless, and here we offer far tastier varieties.
Taking over Mutt in Digbeth on Upper Trinity Street, the feast promises to present a number of exclusive menus and a barrel of exciting flavours, Taste and Liquor’s Kebabingham will bang out the best international kebabs this side of Digbeth.
Taste and Liquor will be be pulling out all the stops for this years Kebabingham, highlights include:
Having launched many street-food traders first to the scene we are super-excited to be introducing authentic Mexican Food to our line-up. We welcome Chalupa Mexican Food to our collective; who will be presenting Tacos al pastor at Kebabingham.
We love the energy and passion from Head Chef Jorge Rendón Riba whose mission is to show real Mexican food street food, made by a passionate Mexican chef. There won’t be any of this Tex-Mex stuff as his dishes are next level and their Mexican Kebab packs deep some serious flavours. Hide away in a corner with a plate of their Tacos al pastor, corn tortillas filled with meat (chicken or pork) marinated in a combination of dried chillies, achiote, spices and pineapple. Follow this with Gringas, flour tortillas filled with melted cheese and marinated meat, served with Mexican salsa and ‘pico de gallo.’ For those who prefer a meat-free dish we highly recommend trying their Quesadillas (v), corn tortillas filled with melted cheese and black beans.
Fire up your grill as The Little Urban Company’s Slow and Low smoking yields melt-in-your-mouth, rich flavor. Treat your four senses with down-home Texas flavours as this Taste and Liquor firm favourite will cook up the best explosive sticky marinades with fall-off-the-bone deadly Kebab combos guaranteed to make your belly smile with instant gratitude. His exclusive dishes will take on its ultimate form and kaboom the Kababingham out!
The Little Urban Company will be serving Moroccan Spiced Lamb with tomato and cucumber salad, harissa, preserved lemon and whipped feta all wrapped in a homemade flatbread. Go large (or go home) with a plate of BBQ Chicken Tikka Kebab with spinach, a tomato and cucumber salad, mango chutney, raita and hot chilli sauce or for those who prefer a meat –less yummy dish, line-up this way for a (Vegan) BBQ’d smokey Seitan Kebab with cashew creme and scotch bonnet & mango sauce served in a toasted wrap.
If your taste buds are begging for something a tad more traditional we highly recommend Turkish Kababs by Limon Turkish. Mild in flavour, seasoned with onions, garlic, cumin, oregano and sweet paprika which is kneaded into the meat that cooks up tender and juicy letting the flavor shine through. Wrapped in a warm flatbread and top with pickled chilli and cooling yogurt – this is totally yum in our Kababingham tum!
Next we have boneless pieces of meat marinated in a rainbow of slow roasted spices as we now head to India. Veeru Da Dhaba’s kebabs cooking technique smacks of a definite Mughal influence with a modern street-food twist. Combining British roots with their South Indian heritage, here we celebrate two melting pots of diverse Kebab cultures.
Introduced first to Digbeth’s street-food scene, Polish Kebabs are next on the menu. The most typical Polish kebab consists of the meat (chicken, beef or—less commonly—lamb), puffy flatbread or tortilla, cabbage salad, and a mixture of garlic sauce and harissa. However at Kebabingham, Polish street-food vendor Full Belly with be serving theirs with Crispy Payda Bread or go large and treat yourself to A Twisted Kebab, a Chicken Doner Kebab packed high with french fries, melted cheese drowned deep with homemade Polish sauce.
Alongside one more street-food traders to be announced later on in the month, there’ll be DJs as well as well as plenty of munching, with the Taste and Liquor Soundsystem providing beats throughout the day, plus the main bar will be serving themed cocktails – while on tap there some great beers on offer from a few local breweries.
|Early Bird||12:00 - 20:00||£8.00|
2nd release - includes 1 x drink
2nd release - includes 1 x drink
|12:00 - 20:00||£10.00|
Group ticket 4 for price of 3
Group ticket 4 for price of 3
|12:00 - 20:00||£30.00|
Mutt Motorcycles, 77 Upper Trinity, Birmingham, B9 4EG
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.