Jerk Festival - Jamaica Independance 2023
- The Mill
Get ready to wave your Jamaican flag, as The Jerk Festival presents the
biggest music and street food day-to-night show that will have you
eating, dancing and drinking Guinness Punch all day long. Now in its
third year, The Jerk Festival is proud to present a colourful
celebration for Birmingham.
BRUNCH AND HIP HOP//R&B BRUNCH//
THROWING IT BACK BRUNCH DJS AND MCS// FREE FACE PAINTING FOR KIDS//FREE
RETRO ARCADE GAMES TO PLAY// FREE WHISTLES AND HORNS FOR FIRST 100
PPL//TOP CARIBBEAN & BBQ JERK TRADERS//RUM PUNCH//GUINNESS
PUNCH//JAMAICAN BEER//RUM BAR// ROOFTOP GARDEN PARTY// MAIN MUSIC
STAGE// OUTDOOR EATING AREA AND A CLOSING EVENING CLUB NIGHT.
tastes and vibes brace Birmingham soil on SATURDAY 5 AUGUST as The Jerk
Festival fires out a super-sharp music festival celebrating 61 years of
Independence, the Jamaica Independence Day Festival is jam-packed with
top music, delicious Caribbean Street Food and UK’s biggest BBQ Jerk
Traders and more.
The annual Jerk Festival will be back in 2023,
what better way to bring the whole community together with a
day-to-night party championing Island empowerment, taste, sounds and
happiness. Doused down with a few Rum Cocktails, a swigger and swag to
some great music, top DJs flipping out the best Caribbean carnival
sounds, throw in some 80's retro arcade games, free face-painting for
the young ones and say hello to the region's biggest Island party!
Main Bar will be serving the best Rum Punch, Guinness Punch and
Jamaican Beer and more but the star of the show will be the endless
selection of amazing Street Food dishes cooked up by the very best
Caribbean chefs and BBQ Jerk Traders, the day will be a feast of
abundant tasty flavours, perfect on a hot Summer’s day!
doesn’t stop there, once the kids go home come 7pm – 10pm the party
steps up over 18’s only to present the ultimate Jamaica Independence
Closing Club Night expect everything from Dancehall, Hip-Hop, Trap,
Grime, Afrobeat, Swingbeat, Dub Reggae, Roots Rock Reggae, Ragga,
Revival Reggae, Lovers Rock, Soca, Calypso, RNB and more will be
dropped! This after-party will be on fire!
With free whistles and
horns given out to the first 100 people, The Jerk Festival presents
Jamaica Independence Festival will be a day to remember.
The Jerk Festival presents Jamaica Independence Festival, Saturday 5 August 1pm – 10pm.
VENUE: The Mill, 29 Lower Trinity St. Digbeth. B9 4AG
Terms and Conditions - Important Information:
• 1-7pm all ages welcome, children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. From 7pm to 10pm this becomes an over 18s event.
attending with family, children under the age of 18 will not be able to
attend the evening part of the festival from 7pm – 10pm over 18s
• Dishes and flavours to be announced on our social media pages and website when possible leading up to the event.
• Ticket is for entry only, food and drink to be purchased separately.
All dishes are the standard service and specific dietary requirements
cannot be catered for at the event; please check with each vendor for
• Please read Taste and Liquor's Full Terms
& Conditions and Need to Know Information
purchasing your tickets or paying at the door by clicking here. By
buying tickets in advance or paying at the door you have agreed to our
full terms and conditions.
• Please note that photography and
filming will occur on the day/evening and will feature visitors. By
purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use
of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity
• Please note that the venue has the right to refuse entry.
• This ticket cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
|3rd Release||13:00 - 22:00||£12.50|
The Mill, 29 Lower Trinity St, Deritend, Digbeth, Birmingham, B9 4AG
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.