Lab11, an envy to London and warehouse party scene, is an industrial-themed club and DJ venue in the heart of Digbeth, Birmingham. The club's interior may scream of gritty warehouse, but Lab11 have cleanliness under wraps. Whilst aiming towards the raw nature of warehouse parties as a whole, the bar…
Wing Fest & Bingo Rave
- No reviews.
We all know we love a good old chicken wing, well now experimental street-food organisers Taste and Liquor are bringing a whole new meaning to finger–licking-good as they host West Midlands, first Wings Fest Brum!
Dedicated to chicken wings Saturday, here below are some key highlights below.
Presented by Mercury Music Prize Winner Skepta's very own Stage Manager, tuck into some traditional Sticky Jerk BBQ Wings. Using recipes past down from generations to generation, head towards Momma Bear Wings ‘n’ Tings for some Jamaica soul-food goodness. For a global inspired menu with epic sauce, The Good Wolf have that covered with their Twice Cooked Wings: imagine wings first smoked; then fried for the ultimate crispy meaty indulgence. While our next food trader is throwing out the rulebook when it comes to Indian cooking!
Get your teeth into Rebel India’s Lick Me Wings for a four-senses explosion of Indian layered flavours. Marinated in a 24hr spice bath, the wings are twice-cooked and covered in an eight-hour, slow cooked lamb curry sauce reduction; fried chickpea spiced flour noodles and served with a trio of Gol Gappa Puri’s (Semolina Puffs) filled with watermelon, lime, cumin, mint dressing and pickled salad with root vegetables on the side.
Taking BBQ’s flavours even deeper, The Smoking Joint will present a vast choice of Smoky Wing Combos across their multiple grills, along with homemade sides, scrumptious slaw and tasty pickles. But before that, fancy tucking into some classics wings from a traditional Bedford fish-and-chip van? Mock us not as Skyline Catering will be serving Hot & Spicy Southern Fried Wings with a secret ingredient and good old fashion British Chips.
For some twerked up flavours, bite into the taste of the Caribbean with Cakes + Shakes Double-Dipped Fried Chicken and Wings. Featuring unique sweet-and-sour combinations one must try their Wings served in a Waffle, dripped in Maple Syrup and Bacon. We promise this dish alone will have you queening up for more.
The festival also includes Bingo Rave. As launched last month, this hands-on entertainment show is a little bit nuts. In true honesty, its not your average bingo show; it presents crap prizes, sing-a-longs, a Play-Your-Cards-Right game show, random audience participation challenges and interruptions all happening in-between a Bingo game. If bingo is not your thing head towards 8Bit Lounge and have a go playing of classical games like Sega Megadrive and Super Nintendo.
Wing Fest Birmingham, also features top DJ’s on rotation, a number of great bars and more traders to be announced along the way. For further information head towards Taste and Liquor’s Facebook as it’s updated daily with further information and news.
Taste and Liquor Wing Fest Birmingham
Date: Saturday 8 August
Where: Lab 11 Complex. Trent Street. Digbeth. B5 5NL
Time: 2pm til 10pm (Last Food Orders 8.30pm).
Price: Early Bird £3, £5 via Design My Night and The Ticketsellers, More at the door. Kids under 16 Free, but must be accompany by an adult at all times. Price includes ticket entry only, food and drink to be purchased on site.
Further information: Facebook/Instagram & Twitter all @Taste and Liquor
For more information, pictures or competitions please contact Lisa via email@example.com or DM us direct via Facebook or Twitter.
|Standard Ticket||14:00 - 22:00||£5.00|
Trent Street, B5 5NL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.