A seriously creative space in the heart of the Custard Factory (within Birmingham's ever creative location of Digbeth, think earlier days of Shoreditch) that was waiting for owners who have launched The Mockingbird to take hold. This theatre and bar offers so much for anyone's food, drink and entertaining…
Saturday Night Shock: A Clockwork Orange
- No reviews.
- The Mockingbird Cinema and Kitchen
Brum Cinema Addicts and The Mockingbird have been working very hard to secure a license to screen Stanley Kubrick's nihilistic masterpiece Clockwork Orange. The Kubrick estate gave their approval on the great man's birthday, surely a good omen. There is no other film like A Clockwork Orange. Withdrawn by Kubrick in protest at a 70's media storm blaming the film for inspiring a raft of violent attacks, it was only possible for decades to view the film on poor quality bootleg copies. Well now's your chance to gorge your eyes on its incredible visual beauty in the plush Mockingbird cinema on the big screen. Kubrick's mischievous mix of classical music, ultra violence and jackhammer imagery will leave you breathless and still has the the power to shock. You have been warned. Bring along your droogs and expect to participate in the Ludovico technique if you wish to leave again. We'll see you at the Korova Milk Bar for a moloko plus my brothers. Yarbles and great bolshy yarblockos to you.
Film plays 8pm, fun from 6pm.
Big thanks to Giles Logan for assisting.
Film entry only
|20:00 - 23:00||£5.00|
Entry plus cocktail
Entry plus themed cocktail
|20:00 - 23:00||£8.00|
Mockingbird House, The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, B9 4AA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.