A seriously creative space in the heart of the Custard Factory (within Birmingham's ever creative location of Digbeth, think earlier days of Shoreditch) that was waiting for owners who have launched The Mockingbird to take hold. This theatre and bar offers so much for anyone's food, drink and entertaining…
The Girl With All The Gifts: Film + Q&A with Mike Carey
- No reviews.
- The Mockingbird Cinema and Kitchen
WE HAVE ADDED AN EXTRA NIGHT TO SCREEN THIS FILM - PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SCREENWRITER ATTENDANCE IS ONLY FOR THE SATURDAY EVENT.
The Mockingbird is very grateful to Stickleback Productions in their organising of this event.
**The Girl With All The Gifts** film screening followed by a Q&A with screenwriter/write Mike Carey. This is a unique opportunity to watch the highly acclaimed film.
The film is a very smart adaptation of M. R. Carey's novel and inverts many of the traditions for zombie films. The film begins with meeting a very special young girl called Melanie. A girl who might be mankind's saviour but also has the potential to be extinguish mankind's chances of survival too. What follows is an experterly crafted suspense film.
1930 - Film plays (rated 15)
2130 - Q&A with Mike Carney and (hopefully) some of the local cast members.
Saturday 08/10 (inc Q&A)
Film entry (inc Q&A)
|19:30 - 01:00||£8.00|
Friday 07/10 (film only)
Film entry (film play only)
|19:30 - 01:00||£5.00|
Mockingbird House, The Custard Factory Gibb Street B9 4AA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.