FIVE COURSE MENU BY THE SEASIDE
- Fort's Cafe
- No reviews.
“Mouthwatering seasonal dishes” – Esquire
“Stunning. Prepare for your taste buds to go bezerk” - Stylist
“Beautiful British ingredientswithout being pompous or self indulgent. Chateau Marmot just gets it right” – Great LittlePlace
Roaming restaurant specialists Chateau Marmot are taking a trip to Margate with two nights at Fort’s café right on the seafront. Each night will see a five course tasting menu cooked by rising star Karl Doering that celebrates Margate and the Great British seaside past and present. Capacity is strictly limited to 38 seats each night.
Chateau Marmot owner Theo Cooper is excited about bringing the restaurant to Margate for the first time, “Margate is a town I fell in love with a few years ago and visit regularly, it’s got the perfect mix of seaside nostalgia and a really lively scene for arts, music and food and drink. We can’t wait for Karl to work his magic on some Kentish produce in one of our favorite little cafes”
Karl Doering’s CV includes time spent with Gordon Ramsey in his Michelin starred restaurant at Claridges, St John and Mayfields where his food was described by The Guardian'sJay Rayner as, "a brilliant display of intelligent cooking". Karl and the Marmot team are already working on a menu that brings together influences from the British seaside past and present as well as showcasing the best winter produce from the seashore and across Kent.
As always the drinks list will be a carefully curated mix chosen to complement the food including cocktails from their team of London’s best bartenders, which share ingredients with the menu, wines from independent growers chosen with ex-Decanter editorRosalind Cooper, craft beers and lovely soft drinks.
All of this will be served in Chateau Marmot’s friendly, informal style in Fort’s seaside café on the cliff, one of Margate’s best loved institutions in itself and the perfect cosy spot to watch the waves crashing in over Turner’s favourite stretch of coastline.
Five courses £35. Drinks extra.
Five course tasting menu
8 Cliff Terrace CT9 1RU
8 Cliff Terrace CT9 1RU
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Thanks for your review. You've earned 10 points! Check your balance here.