CINESTOCK OPEN AIR CINEMA - Memphis Belle
COME SIT AMONGST SOME OF THE WORLDS ICONIC FIGHTER PLANES AND MORE FOR THIS UNIQUE SCREENING OF A CLASSIC ‘MEMPHIS BELLE’
In 1943, the crew of a B-17 BOMBER based at a U.S. Army Air Force base in England, the crew members of B-17 bomber Memphis Belle prepare for their 25th and final sortie into enemy German territory. Bomber Capt. Dennis Dearborn (Matthew Modine) knows the mission is a dangerous one, but he's under pressure from Army public relations man Lt. Col. Bruce Derringer (John Lithgow) to earn a decisive victory for the Allies. Now, the Memphis Belle prepares to take flight as apprehension and dissention grow among Dearborn's crew.
Based on a true story and most likely the most famous bomber flight in the 2nd World War, come sit next to a similar and iconic bomber while you watch this film under the stars right at the end of the runway.
THE FILM - Memphis Belle (Film starts: 20:45)
One of the most iconic airplane 2nd world war films of our time, Memphis Belle see’s the crew of a B-17 Bomber on their 26th mission over occupied Europe and into Germany to ensure they help towards the end of the 2nd World War.
An amazing film, based on a true story and what better place to watch it than amongst the planes at this fantastic Air Museum, located at the end of Gatwick’s Runway.
THE VENUE - Gatwick Aviation Museum
This Aviation Museum has a unique collection of British aircraft from the "golden age" of British aircraft manufacture. From the end of WWII until the 1970's British aircraft designers produced some of the most innovative and advanced aircraft of the day. From post war to cold war, this museum clearly shows that timeline in aviation terms.
People attending the screenings at this venue will have the opportunity to look around the planes at the museum before we hit play on the iconic film ‘Top Gun’
In this collection there are examples from the major manufacturers of this period. Amongst the list are classic names, Avro, Hawker, Gloster, De Havilland, English Electric, Blackburn, Percival.
AMPLE FREE PARKING ONSITE
HOT FOOD/ FULL BAR INCLUDING HOT DRINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE NIGHT
ALLOWED TO BRING CHAIRS/ DECK CHAIRS/ CUSHIONS & RUGS (Or book one of our VIP seating options)
VIP SEATING OPTIONS
Take the hard work out of your evening, and replacing it with comfort and ease, when you book one of our two options for seating, both affordable and so much easier then bringing along all your own gear. When the film ends, all you need to do is get up and leave without lugging all your bits back to the car.
At Cinestock we like to enhance your viewing experience wherever and however we can, that’s why last season we started introducing VIP Seating. It was so popular and sold out at every screening in advance, so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.
This year we have 2 different seating options available this season:
Firstly our simple but comfortable directors style garden chairs
Secondly our ultimate luxury VIP Air beds, with their blanket and pillow for the perfect seating options under the stars.
Please be FULLY aware, that the VIP Airbed and Directors style garden chairs are the seating options only, you still MUST PURCHASE a cinema entry ticket as well for each person. This is a chair only and does not include the ticket for entry.
16 or over
15 or under
Admits 2 adults
Group of 3 adults
Admits 3 adults
Group of 4 adults
Admits 4 adults
Family of 2
Admits 1 adult and 1 child
Family of 3
Admits 2 adults and 1 child
Family of 4
Admits 2 adults and 2 children
Faily of 5
Admits 2 adults and 3 children
Director style folding garden chair hire
Hire one of our director style folding garden chairs for the evening and take the hard work out of the night. PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A SEAT HIRE ONLY AND DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CINEMA TICKET. YOU MUST PURCHASE A CINEMA TICKET AS WELL ALONGSIDE THIS FROM THE OPTIONS ABOVE
Vallance By-Ways Lowfield Heath Rd RH6 0BT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.