CINESTOCK OPEN AIR CINEMA - DIRTY DANCING
- Saltdean Lido
Come join us for another great night of Open Air Cinema, for this our 7th and longest season of movies under the stars, with live music before every screening as the sun sets and before we hit play on a classic film.
THE FILM - DIRTY DANCING (Film starts: 21:00)
Spending the summer at a Catskills resort with her family, Frances "Baby" Houseman falls in love with the camp's dance instructor, Johnny Castle.
In 1963, Frances "Baby" Houseman, a sweet daddy's girl, goes with her family to a resort in upstate New York's Catskill Mountains. Baby has grown up in privileged surroundings and all expect her to go on to college, join the Peace Corps and save the world before marrying a doctor, just like her father.
Unexpectedly, Baby becomes infatuated with the camp's dance instructor, Johnny Castle, a man whose background is vastly different from her own. Baby lies to her father to get money to pay for an illegal abortion for Johnny's dance partner. She then fills in as Johnny's dance partner and it is as he is teaching her the dance routine that they fall in love. It all comes apart when Johnny's friend falls seriously ill after her abortion and Baby gets her father, who saves the girl's life. He then learns what Baby has been up to, who with and worse, that he funded the illegal abortion.
He bans his daughter from any further association with "those people". In the first deliberately willful action of her life, Baby later sneaks out to see Johnny, ostensibly to apologize for her father's rudeness, and ends up consummating her relationship with Johnny.
It’s a true coming of age film that never gets old, add in the back drop of the iconic Saltdean Lido, themed bar and an amazing sound track, your in for a great night, grab your girl friends, friends and family for one of the biggest selling films from the 80’s
THE VENUE - Saltdean Lido
The Important Bits
16 or over
|19:30 - 22:30||£12.00|
15 or under
|19:30 - 22:30||£8.00|
Admits 2 adults
|19:30 - 22:30||£21.00|
Group of 3 adults
Admits 3 adults
|19:30 - 22:30||£30.00|
Group of 4 adults
Admits 4 adults
|19:30 - 22:30||£40.00|
Family of 2
Admits 1 adult and 1 child
|19:30 - 22:30||£17.00|
Family of 3
Admits 2 adults and 1 child
|19:30 - 22:30||£27.00|
Family of 4
Admits 2 adults and 2 children
|19:30 - 22:30||£34.00|
Faily of 5
Admits 2 adults and 3 children
|19:30 - 22:30||£41.00|
Saltdean Lido, The Oval Park, Saltdean Park Rd,, Saltdean, BN2 8SP
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.