DRIVE-IN COMEDY - ED BYRNE, NATHAN CATON, ALAN FRANCIS, GEOFF WHITING
- No reviews.
- The South of England Showground
NATHAN CATON / ALAN FRANCIS / MC GEOFF WHITING
Gates open - 17:00 / show starts - 19:00
Cinestock have teamed up with award winning Grinstock Comedy Club and Mirth Control Comedy to bring you some of the biggest drive-in comedy line-ups in our COMEDY IN CARS summer of events, with over 32 acts performing across 8 shows on 4 individual days in August, you don't need to worry about missing your favourite live comedy club nights or the Edinburgh fringe this year.
From the creators of the World's First INDOOR Drive-in cinema, we bring you shows packed full of world class performers, fit for headlines slots at any festival from the world of Comedy
Take a look over our line-ups and get ready for a summer packed full of laughter. As the UK’s longest independent provider of Drive-in & Open Air Cinema events, with over 8 years behind us, you’re in safe and well experienced hands when it comes to drive-in based events.
THE ACTS PERFORMING ON THE NIGHT
HEADLINER - ED BYRNE
As seen on Father Ted/ Mock the Week / Have I Got News For You & Never Mind the Buzzcock’s and so many more….
One of the biggest names in UK comedy is taking to the stage at Comedy in Cars, we can’t wait to have him grace the mic, and nor should you, this is defiantly one not to miss.
He appeared in Father Ted as a teenager mocking Father Ted and two other priests on a phone chat line, in the episode "A Christmassy Ted". Byrne has presented television shows Uncut! Best Unseen Ads and Just for Laughs, and is a regular guest on The Panel, HeadJam, Mock the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks. He has also appeared on Lily Savage's Blankety Blank, Have I Got News for You, The Bubble, The Unbelievable Truth, Bring Me the Head of Light Entertainment and We Need Answers. He has also appeared on The Graham Norton Show six times.
OPENER- NATHAN CATON
As seen on Live at The Apollo/ Russell Howard’s Good News / Mock The Week / Can’t Tell Nathan Caton Nothing
‘A comic well worth catching any chance you can’ – One4review
‘Funny, clever and a pleasure to listen to.’ – Broadway Baby
‘A charming and convincing operator’ – The List
Nathan Caton is one of the most exciting young comedians on the scene. Gigging since the tender age of 19, over the last decade he has established himself both as a circuit headliner, and a name on TV and radio.
Within his first few years on stage, he had picked up various accolades and coveted plaudits including the Chortle Student Comic of the Year award and Broadcast Hotshot and written and starred in a pilot for Paramount Comedy (now Comedy Central) entitled The Nathan Caton Show.
Since then Caton has gone from strength to strength, wowing audiences at comedy clubs up and down the UK, and on his numerous TV and radio appearances, with his delightfully charming blend of personal and political comedy.
MIDDLE - ALAN FRANCIS
As seen on Alistair McGowan’s Big Impression / the Alan Partridge Christmas Special/ The 11 O’clock Show and many more….
Had a recent series of his own on BBC Radio 4 - ‘Inside Alan Francis’……
TV as seen on Alistair McGowan’s Big Impression, other television appearances includes SPY TV, FIST OF FUN, BETWEEN THE LINES, the Alan Partridge Christmas Special KNOWING ME, KNOWING YULE, THE ALEXEI SAYLE SHOW, and ALAS SMITH AND JONES (all BBC), FUNNY FARM (STV) and BBC Scotland's PULP VIDEO, COMEDY NATION (BBC), for which he also wrote and LENNY GOES TO TOWN (BBC), THE 11 O'CLOCK SHOW (Ch4) and STAND-UP (BBC). Most recently Alan appeared in THE LAST LAUGH... (BBC).
MC - GEOFF WHITING
'One of Britain's funniest men' - The Radio Times
Geoff Whiting is an established and popular compere, as well as a strong and versatile act. He has appeared at the Edinburgh Festival, on television and radio and at every notable comedy club in the UK. He is also an established TV warm up.
He is one of only a handful of comics worldwide to have performed stand up comedy in a pod on the London Eye (for ‘The One Show’ BBC1) and was the star of BBC 2 programme ‘Funny Business’ in 2013.
Geoff Whiting takes the stage with consummate ease and works the audience like a miner at the coal face, digging out nuggets of information to fuel his comedy." - The Independent
- OUTDOOR LIVE ARENA TICKET OPTIONS –
For our outside arena shows for 200 cars, we have separated the ticket options to accommodate everyone’s price point. We’ve got four different areas with four different price points, from up close and personal with the Gold & Silver tickets to our Bronze main area tickets and then we have our super saver cooper priced tickets.
All our tickets start as a car with a minimum of two passengers per vehicle, even if attending on your own we have to charge the minimum two people per car due to limit space alongside world class entertainment. Every additional ticket after the first two is at a reduced price and is set also on the area you are placed in.
All parking in each section is worked out on a first come first served basis, meaning you will be parked on a first come first placed system, this is the only way we can accommodate such high number of cars and be able to turn around two shows per afternoon.
Gold Band Tickets –
These are our closest parking spaces to the stage, starting at only 4 meters from stage and the furthest being 10 meters from stage. If your looking for that up-close festival feel, then these are a must have ticket.
Silver Band Tickets –
Also, closely placed to the stage, these silver band tickets start from 18 meters from the stage, giving you a great close view.
Bronze Band Tickets –
Our main area within the arena, all excellently placed spots with clear view lines to the stage, starting from just 30 meters back from stage.
Cooper Band Tickets –
Our copper band tickets are our super saver, excellent priced tickets to world class entertainers in a 1000 people show setup, placed at the back but all with great view lines of the stage.
That's right at Cinestock we believe that if we have not been able to start the show, then we will refund 100% of your ticket AND booking fee, so you can purchase those great advance ticket deals, with no worries or concerns about anything on the night.
Especially relevant during the current COVID-19 times, with the situation constantly changing we at Cinestock want to make sure that you can book with the confidence, knowing that if the situation changes and we have to cancel the screening due to anything your get your money back in full, including your booking fee.
FOOD & DRINK
APP based ordering & payment only
As always at our events, we’ve teamed up with excellent food and drink suppliers, just like the classic American drive-ins of old, all food and drink is delivered to your car. With the current Covid-19 situation, all food and drink must be ordered through our APP only, and paid for on the APP to ensure we provide a minimum contact event at all times whenever possible.
You can see our fantastic food options on our website, where you will also be able to download our APP.
On the day of the screening or live event that you are attending, the APP will be working in advance for drink orders only. For all other food items, these you can order once you have parked in your spot.
ARRIVAL TIME AND SHOW STARTING TIMES
Please pay strict attention to the show times as well as the opening times to ensure you arrive well before the show starts and not to early, so your sitting around longer then you need before we allow entry of cars to the events.
(Please note the gates open up to 2 hours before the show start time to allow for the parking of 200 cars, please ensure not to arrive before this time and no later then 45 minutes before your show start time)
For our Live Comedy shows we have an age restriction of 17 and over, but must be accompanied with an adult of over 18 years of age.
The South of England Showground, West Sussex
One of the South’s and the UK's largest event spaces, set in over 150 acres of farm land, the South of England Showground is perfectly located in the heart of the South East.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDS ATTENDING OUR EVENTS DURING THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION
To ensure everyone’s safety at the current time we have implemented some changes and some must adhere to rules to protect everyone.
- Firstly, tickets are only purchasable either online in advance or on the gate and by card only.
- When you arrive onsite you will enter our queuing system, this is set up so that you and our staff will always be separated at over 2 meters. Please ensure that you do not leave your car until you are parked in your designated viewing spot inside the arenas, and then you are only to leave your vehicle to access the toilets.
- If attending one of our live comedy or music events, then we have provided a space next to each vehicle for you to enjoy the shows outside of your vehicle. This will be possible as long as government allows us to do continue to do so. Please bring small garden chairs or bean bags for your comfort, which can be placed in the area provided by your cars. ( Space next to vehicle is 4.6 meters long by 2 meters wide)
- Once you are parked up the windows on the passenger side or left-hand side of the car, must be kept up at all times.
- REMEMBER the only reason to leave your car during any of our events, is to access the toilets, other than that we are under strict government guidance and rules that no other movement around the arenas is allowed.
FAQ’s and T&C’s
An extensive FAQ section can be found on our website, as well as all our terms and conditions of business. Please take the time to have a look at these, especially before emailing us, in case the answer to your question can be found there. www.cinestock.co.uk
ONCE YOU ARE PARKED UP IN POSITION, NOBODY IS TO LEAVE THEIR CARS UNLESS FOR THE USE OF THE TOILETS.
Gold Band STANDARD Car Ticket - Includes 2 Passengers
Our premium ticket space for the closer position to the stage, starting at 4 meters from the stage.
|13:30 - 16:00||£50.00|
Gold Band Additional Passenger Ticket
Our gold band additional passenger ticket, for every passenger over the included 2 passengers that comes with a Gold standard car ticket. One per every extra person in the car
|13:30 - 16:00||£18.00|
Silver Band STANDARD CAR ticket - Includes 2 Passengers
Our next closest parking position and view, still right up front and close to the stage, starting at 18 meters from the stage
|13:30 - 16:00||£40.00|
Silver Band Additional Passenger ticket
Our additional silver band passenger ticket, one for every extra person on top of the 2 passengers included with the silver standard car ticket is required.
|13:30 - 16:00||£15.00|
Bronze Band STANDARD CAR ticket - Includes 2 Passengers
Our excellent value and still great position and view tickets, starting at 30 meters from stage
|13:30 - 16:00||£30.00|
Bronze Band Additional Passenger ticket
Our bronze additional passenger tickets, for every additional passenger on top of the 2 passengers included with the bronze standard car ticket.
|13:30 - 16:00||£10.00|
Cooper Band STANDARD CAR ticket - Includes 2 Passengers
Our great value and still great view line rear parking lot seats, offering excellent value to our world class shows.
|13:30 - 16:00||£20.00|
Cooper Band Additional Passenger ticket
Our cooper additional passenger tickets, for every additional passenger on top of the 2 passengers included in the cooper standard car ticket
|13:30 - 16:00||£10.00|
The South of England Showground, Selsfield Rd,, Haywards Heath, RH17 6TH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.