Nestled comfortably on the banks of the River Wey, the Weyside is an idyllic country pub that's become a favourite amongst Guildford's nature-enthusiasts. A stone's throw away from the picturesque coddled high street, the pubs elegant terrace overlooks a vibrant green field and hangs over the river that…
Christmas Craft Workshop for Adults
- No reviews.
- The Weyside
Get into the festive spirit and learn how to make your own set of clay Christmas decorations to either keep for yourself or give as presents.
Your workshop will take place in our beamed room next to the log burner and will be accompanied with a glass of prosecco and some delicious homemade canapes.
In the first part of the workshop, you’ll learn how to create impressions in clay and how to get professional-looking edges and have fun making your set of decorations (you should make at least a set of 6). In the second part, you’ll have the opportunity to test out a couple of painting techniques on pre-prepared clay shapes.
The clay we’ll be using takes a few days to harden but requires no firing. Please bring a shoe box (or similar) to take your decorations home in so they don’t get damaged whilst they’re still soft. After a few days, you’ll be free to either leave them white or paint them at home using the techniques you’ll have learnt at the workshop.
The workshop will be run by Kate Alger, a Guildford artist. Examples shown include textile, botanical and typographical imprints; similar designs can be made at the workshop.
It shouldn’t get too messy but please bring an apron if you prefer, as clay and acrylic paint might stain clothes. You will get clay on your hands but it washes off skin.
Christmas Craft Adult Workshop
Make a set of clay decoration with a glass of prosecco and canapes included
|20:00 - 22:00||£40.00|
Millbrook, GU1 3XJ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.