With the perfect blend of traditional and modern features – The Poacher is popular for families and friends alike. The brand-new outdoor terrace area offers non-stop views of the Kent countryside, with easy access to the Burger Shack & Bar and children’s play area. Inside, you’ll find floor…
- No reviews.
- The Poacher & The Partridge
Roger Monkhouse - Headliner
Roger Monkhouse is one of the most original and distinctive acts on the comedy scene. A consummate stand-up who employs a deadly combination of charm and menace to exert a masterful control over any audience. A highly original and quirky performer, Roger’s trademark stage-prowling style and curious, inimitable manner have established him as one of the hottest names on the comedy circuit.
Distinguished as a comic by his eloquence and keen eye for a fine phrase, Roger’s easy observational style is spiked by the signal flares of an accomplished gag writer. A supremely confident compere and seasoned corporate host, Roger is happy to improvise freely with a crowd and is at great ease bantering with an audience, but has no shortage of first class observational material in his armoury.
“unfailingly entertaining and skillfully able to pull punchlines, seemingly, out of thin air” Chortle
Pierre Hollins - Support
His relaxed amiability is defined by a compelling conversational style and absurd guitar posturing. His ‘songs’ are jokes that rhyme, set to a guitar backbeat, never travelling down the easy route of song parodies. He covers topics from love and hate, to sex and politics with a totally original voice, delivering his material with charm and irrelevance.
‘An unsung hero of new comedy. Don’t miss this true professional at work. Bloody funny.’ Time Out
Russell Hicks - Compere
Anyone who has seen Russell Hicks knows that it is never the same show twice. Taking a different approach to most comedians, Russell Hicks weaves improvisation with stream of conscious delivery that has moved many audience members to return for two nights in a row. Nothing in this biography can do his act justice other than to say, you just have to see him live.
“Astonishing, astonishing and astonishing. He simply took the roof of the place leaving people talking about his act all night. His entire 20 minutes was totally improvised based entirely on audience interaction. It did help that we had one member of the audience who looked like the twin brother of Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm and provided Russell with so much material to improv on. Based on this one gentlemens comments, Russell created a world where he is doing a West End show about willy-helicopters, the 28th October is now International Toothpaste Day and his performance last night was just a figment of the gentlemans imagination. The audience were at times almost collapsing with laughter on the floor and I was one of them. Watching Russell Hicks last night was reminiscent of watching early Ross Noble on stage. Brilliant” Cheeky Monkey Comedy Club
Doors open from 7pm for seating, performance starts at 8pm.
We will be offering 25% off food before the event for all ticket holders.
|Poacher Comedy Night||20:00 - 22:00||£10.00|
Hartlake Road, TN11 0PH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.