The Gun is named after both the nearby foundry, which used to make cannons for the British navy and after its location on Gun Hill – one of the seven hills that Chiddingly village sits within. The Gun’s rural location, combined with landscaped gardens, large children’s play area, beautifully styled…
Comedy Night: The Gun
- No reviews.
- The Gun
Jonny Awsum - Headliner
After completing an eight-year comedy apprenticeship as barman at The Chuckle Club, Jonny Awsum exploded onto the professional comedy scene with a crowd-pleasing set that’s seen him perform hundreds of gigs all around the world.
With his likeable style and trusty guitar, Jonny’s musings include everything from the white lies he tells his girlfriend to his new home town of Croydon and the memory of his first love at eight years old.
Jonny’s feel-good set captivates audiences at every kind of venue from pub back rooms to 700 seat theatres to a sell-out run at the Edinburgh Fringe with his hit show ‘Jonny Awsum’s To Do List’.
Jonny has played all the UK’s top comedy venues including The Glee Club, Jongleurs and The Comedy Store and has performed internationally everywhere from Cyprus to Slovakia.
In 2017, Jonny was broadcast to huge acclaim on the nation’s biggest-rating ITV show, Britain’s Got Talent. Performing alongside Ant & Dec, Jonny won a standing ovation from the theatre audience, a unanimous vote of approval from the judges and was seen by 11 million TV viewers. Jonny was broadcast numerous times throughout the series and made it all the way to the Live Semi-Finals. His performances on the show have been viewed more than 30 million times on YouTube.
“He’s awesome!”- Time Out Magazine
Alasdair Beckett-King - Support
Alasdair won New Act of the Year (formerly Hackney Empire) in 2014 and has featured on BBC radio as a comedian and sketch writer. He’s performed stand-up across the UK, in the Glastonbury Cabaret Tent and at the Edinburgh Fringe. He knows quite a lot about 19th century magicians. Tourists often ask to have their photo taken with him, presumably impressed by this.
“Delicious writing and exceptional observations” – Corry Shaw, Chortle
Russell Hicks - Compere
Anarchic, unbridled and unfiltered. Russell Hicks is a risk-taking comic whirlwind, captivating audiences everywhere with his razor-sharp wit,astounding observations and slick audience take-downs.
From the moment he steps on stage crowds are hooked by his infectiously rebellious
personality and unapologetic style as he delivers entirely original comedy content right there in front of your eyes.
“Astonishing, astonishing and astonishing. He simply took the roof of the place leaving people talking about his act all night. His entire 20 minutes was totally improvised based entirely on audience interaction. Brilliant” Cheeky Monkey Comedy Club
Comedy Night at The Gun
Comedy Night at The Gun
|20:00 - 22:00||£15.00|
Gun Hill, Chiddingley, TN21 0JU
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.