The Gun is named after both the nearby foundry, which used to make cannons for the British navy and after its location on Gun Hill – one of the seven hills that Chiddingly village sits within. The Gun’s rural location, combined with landscaped gardens, large children’s play area, beautifully styled…
- No reviews.
- The Gun
Scott Bennett - Headliner
After starting comedy in late 2009, Scott has rapidly established himself as one of the fastest rising stars on the UK circuit. Likeable, with a warm and engaging delivery, he is a Yorkshire live wire with an undeniable no nonsense logic.
In demand by many of the big clubs, Scott delivers wry observations on the absurdity of modern living. His sharply written routines have been delighting audiences across the country. In 2017 Scott supported his comedy hero, Rob Brydon on his National UK tour dates for his latest show “I am Standing Up”
and in 2018 Scott was tipped as one of the “ones to watch” by respected industry online magazine, Chortle.
“Clearly has a big future, flashes of Peter Kay, Jason Manford and John Bishop” Bruce Dessau, Amused Moose Finals Review 2015
Pierre Hollins - Support
His relaxed amiability is defined by a compelling conversational style and absurd guitar posturing. His ‘songs’ are jokes that rhyme, set to a guitar backbeat, never travelling down the easy route of song parodies. He covers topics from love and hate, to sex and politics with a totally original voice, delivering his material with charm and irrelevance.
‘An unsung hero of new comedy. Don’t miss this true professional at work. Bloody funny.’ TIME OUT
Russell Hicks - Compere
Anyone who has seen Russell Hicks knows that it is never the same show twice. Taking a different approach to most comedians, Russell Hicks weaves improvisation with stream of conscious delivery that has moved many audience members to return for two nights in a row. Nothing in this biography can do his act justice other than to say, you just have to see him live.
“Astonishing, astonishing and astonishing. He simply took the roof of the place leaving people talking about his act all night. His entire 20 minutes was totally improvised based entirely on audience interaction. It did help that we had one member of the audience who looked like the twin brother of Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm and provided Russell with so much material to improv on. Based on this one gentlemens comments, Russell created a world where he is doing a West End show about willy-helicopters, the 28th October is now International Toothpaste Day and his performance last night was just a figment of the gentlemans imagination. The audience were at times almost collapsing with laughter on the floor and I was one of them. Watching Russell Hicks last night was reminiscent of watching early Ross Noble on stage. Brilliant” Cheeky Monkey Comedy Club
Doors open from 7pm for seating, performance starts at 8pm.
We will be offering 25% off food before the event for all ticket holders.
|The Gun Comedy Night||20:00 - 22:00||£10.00|
Gun Hill, Chiddingley, TN21 0JU
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.