57 Thomas Street is a brilliant little pub come bar in the Northern Quarter in Manchester that is part of the Marble Brewery family which also includes Marble Beer House in Chorlton and Marble Arch. Quality beer is the name of the game here, with real ale served straight from four casks that lounge…
Evolution of the IPA
- No reviews.
- 57 Thomas Street
The IPA remains a dominant force in modern craft beer.
It is both the most popular beer style and the beer scene's biggest talking point. Whether you're hysterical about haze, mad about malt or barmy for bitterness, the IPA is a shape-shifting beast that can take on a number of forms.
With interest in the style higher than ever before, we thought it'd be a good time to look at the amazing journey from its origins to the current day.
So we've teamed up with yeast provider Lallemand for the third year running to bring you a special showcase, featuring a series of new beers.
Four brilliant breweries have created five beers that showcase different points in the evolution of the style.
The journey starts with two heritage IPAs, brewed using 19th century recipes, before fast-forwarding to the West Coast of the USA and the big, bitter IPAs that reignited interest in the style in the 1990s.
We'll then take a look at the controversial New England IPA, which has soared in popularity over the past couple of years, before taking a look at what the future might hold.
Rob Percival from Lallemand will host the evening, providing insight into the techniques involved in each version of the style, as well as the key role played by yeast. Each brewer will then present their beer in turn, giving ticket-holders a chance to taste, discuss and ask questions.
The ticket price includes a third of all four beers created specially for the event. Details of the brewers and beers involved will be released soon.
Includes a third of all five beers being unveiled on the night.
|19:30 - 22:00||£15.00|
57 Thomas Street, Northern Quarter M4 1 NA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.