Ellen Waddell 'It's better to lie than to tell the truth and end up alone in a ditch crying'
A new play by acclaimed performer and former rock star Ellen Waddell, who brought the London premiere of her award-winning one-woman show 'Jean-Luc Picard and Me' to The Canvas Cafe in 2015.
We lie to our friends, family, lovers and bosses because it’s easier than the truth - we have no idea what we’re doing, and we might have genital warts. In her new show former rock star and acclaimed performer Ellen Waddell (‘Jean-Luc Picard and Me’) tackles the necessity of lying in life, love, friendship and when applying for administrative jobs at truck logistics companies.
Starring Ellen and a Chair.
Presented as part of Tellit: The UK's First Ever Festival of True-Life Storytelling. Featuring acclaimed true-life storytellers, autobiographical poets and the best up-and-coming spoken word artists. For full programme information click here
|Standard||19:30 - 20:00||£6.00|
42 Hanbury Street E1 5JL
42 Hanbury Street E1 5JL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.