Medusa in the Thames Tunnel
- Thames Tunnel Shaft
She was a monster. He cut off her head.
This is the Medusa we remember - but who was the woman behind the myth?
27 degrees and the Thames Tunnel present a new, immersive experience revisiting the story of Medusa through intimate and sensory theatre, contemporary dance, shadow puppetry, sound installations and of course, a mythical bar. Explore underground tunnels at night and follow the path of the many Medusas that live among us. A contemporary take on a well-known tale, examining what it takes for women to be considered monsters.
More info: www.27degrees.org or watch our trailer here
This event is part of Totally Thames that runs from 1-30 September 2017: www.totallythames.org
About the company:
27 degrees is a multicultural collective of artists who create sensory audience experiences in unusual spaces. We perform in lifts, public spaces, museums, creepy basements, or in the middle of woods. Our work interweaves theatre with music, circus, dance, puppetry and installation to create immersive journeys that appeal to the widest possible audiences. With an artistic voice that is both visual and physical, we revisit traditional stories that resonate with the contemporary world.
|Full price||19:30 - 20:30||£10.00|
Thames Tunnel Shaft, Brunel Museum, Railway Avenue, Rotherhithe, London, SE16 4LF
Canada Water (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.