Amy Johnson: Last Flight Out
- No reviews.
- The Spread Eagle Pub & Theatre
Jenny Lockyer explores the life of Amy Johnson, the pioneering aviator, in the first Croydonites commission.
On 5th January 1941, Amy Johnson was on a routine job for the Air Transport Auxiliary. Amy, an experienced, record making pilot, was delivering an Airspeed Oxford plane from Prestwick to Kidlington. While navigating her way around thick cloud she ran out of fuel and bailed out directly over the Thames Estuary. The dramatic attempt to rescue her by the HMS Haslemere failed and she was pronounced missing, presumed killed. Amy had lived her life for adventure and was passionate about the future of aviation. She was just 37 years old when she died but she had achieved great things. We meet Amy in a world of mixed memories, desires, wishes and ambitions. There's still so much she wants to do, and as she tells us about her life she sets about planning her ultimate dream adventure.
|Amy Johnson: Last Flight Out||19:30 - 20:30||£10.00|
39-41 Katharine Street CR0 1NX
Clapham Junction (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.