ALIYANNI, ORION, STRACZYNSKA @FIVER FRIDAYS
- Chisenhale Dance Space
ALIYANNI, ORION, STRACZYNSKA @ FIVER FRIDAYS
19TH MAY|| 7:30|| £5
"L" by Chloe Aliyanni
After God created Adam, who was alone, He said, 'It is not good for man to be alone.' He then created a woman from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith immediately began to fight. She said, 'I will not lie below,' and he said, 'I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while I am to be the superior one.' Lilith responded, 'We are equal to each other inasmuch as we were both created from the earth.' But they would not listen to one another. When Lilith saw this, she pronounced the Ineffable Name and flew away into the air. - Alphabet of Ben Sira
"Shared Memory " by Shakti Orion
A meditation of the leaving and arriving of our memories.
This solo piece was created last summer during Shakti's residency at Seoul Dance Centre in South Korea, where she researched about memory, traces and what remains, the work explores fragility and the capacity to share yourself trough your memories.
"TAG" by Ania Straczynska
TAG, YOU ARE IT! BUT NOW YOU ARE ALL GROWN UP.
See the world of the child play out and evolve through the eyes of adults. 'Tag' allows the dancers to channel the sometimes creative, often competitive and always challenging adult world into the playful and emotive games of children. Drawing parallels between how we once acted and how we act now, ‘Tag’ questions our own perceptions of fun and play versus the modern rat race. Ask yourself, are you actually making sense and being grown up?
Shakti Orion- performance and visual artist from Spain and based in London, a Bow Arts artist and an associate artist of Chisenhale Dance Space
Ania Straczynska - dance artist based in London. Originally from Poland. She graduated Academy of Music with a Choreography and Dance Techniques degree. She is now Artistic Member of Chisenhale Dance Space. Her works have been has been presented in the UK, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia. Credits include Agenda Festival, Footprints Festival at Roehampton University and Resolution 2017 at The Place. When choreographing, Ania works using contemporary dance language combined with dance theatre where musicality is a core.
Chloe Aliyanni - A London based choreographer hailing from Greece,Chloe is interested in the power of imagery, movement and non-verbal communication as a story telling device.She makes dance works for the stage and site sensitive contexts, movement directs and teaches.
|General||19:30 - 21:00||£5.00|
Chisenhale Dance Space, 64-68, Chisenhale Road, London, E3 5QZ
Mile End (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.