A movement workshop with artist Florence Peake
- Chisenhale Dance Space
A movement workshop with artist Florence Peake in collaboration with Block Universe & Chisenhale Dance Space.
Thursday, 1 June, 10:30- 13:30
Drawing on somatic dance practices including contact improvisation, Skinner Releasing Technique and Florence Peake’s own art and dance background this creative movement workshop relates to sensitivity, connectedness and integration. In an ever changing political landscape, the half-day workshop fosters a sensorial and democratic environment by revealing and releasing conscious and subconscious desires. Incorporating writing, drawing, voice and movement. This workshop is open to all. No prior movement experience.
Florence Peake- London-based artist and choreographer. With extensive training in dance and a background in painting, her performance practice combines a variety of media—from drawing to sculpture—in relationship to the moving body. Site and audience, live and recorded text, wit and humour are key to her work. Her interdisciplinary projects, made both independently and collaboratively, have been exhibited and performed nationally and internationally since 1995 in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Prague, Sweden and Latvia. Peake’s work has also been commissioned and shown at prestigious venues such as the National Portrait Gallery (2008), National Review of Live Art (2009), Yorkshire Sculpture Park (2012), Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art (2013) and Hayward Gallery (2014).
|General Admission||10:30 - 13:30||£12.00|
|Concession/ CDS Members||10:30 - 13:30||£9.00|
Chisenhale Dance Space, 64-68, Chisenhale Road, Lonon, E3 5QZ
Mile End (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.