Keep It Skewered Supper Club
- Downstairs at Mother
This event has now been cancelled.
[broh-shet; French bṟaw-shet] “on a small spit or skewer”
Since man first realised that meat tasted so much better when it was cooked, we as a species have been affixing meat and vegetables (and each other) to skewers and roasting it over a fire to improve the flavour.
En Brochette have been taking London by storm with their fresh interpretation of a time-honoured cooking technique, with pub residencies at the Star of Kings and The Gunmakers in Clerkenwell, a rip-roaring appearance at the now legendary Ginstock, and a succulent skewer service at Time Out’s favourite event of last summer, Flamingo Pier.
For a company who like to cook food on skewers, surely the most important day of the year is "Something on a Stick Day".
It exists. Google it! And quite frankly if it didn't exist we would have invented it anyway.
Do please join us as we celebrate this weird and wonderful food holiday by putting stuff on a stick, cooking it and wowing your taste buds for the good of all mankind.
Downstairs at Mother have invited us to take over their beautiful space in the heart of Shoreditch on the evening of Friday 27th March.
For your ticket price, you shall be greeted with canapés & a cocktail, curated by our good friends at Soul Shakers.
We will then invite you to your tables and you shall be served a feast, most of which will be on huge skewers in celebration of stuff on a stick day.
Watch out for some of our signature dishes such as six-hour pork belly with truffled apple sauce (©)
There will definitely be something special from our repertoire of unusual meats.
Delicious and reasonably priced grown-up drinks will be available on the night.
The musical entertainment shall be thoughtfully curated by none other than Keith Mathews, who has developed a reputation for adding a certain amount of glamour to any evening.
The best post on the night featuring the #keepitskewered hash tag will get a prize.
Keep it skewered people, and hope to see you there!
Keep It Skewered Feasting Ticket
Ticket includes canapés & cocktail on arrival, feasting banquet & pudding.
Downstairs at Mother Biscuit Building 10 Redchurch Street E2 7DD
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.