Nerd Nite London- November 16th
- No reviews.
- V&A Museum of Childhood
Nerd Nite London- November 16th
Nerd Nite London is a monthly event where three speakers give 18-21 minute fun-yet-informative talks across all disciplines, while the audience drinks along.
Address: V&A Museum of Childhood, Cambridge Heath Road, London E2 9PA
Details: Wednesday 16th November.
Tickets: Early nerd tickets £6, general admission £7.50.
Doors open: 6.30pm, event starts 7.30pm
At this month’s Nerd Nite we’ll discuss living in style on Mars, how the way we talk can change the way we think, and what it’s like on the frontline of the NHS.
Elon Musk will take us to Mars - but how will we live there?
If Elon Musk delivers, we should have a million people on mars in the next century. In what kind of buildings will we live - should we think luxury high rise or more like a basement flat? How will those be built? What do our experiments so far tell us about what it's like for the first settlers? (Bonus: which sci-fi book / film gets it right?)
Reinier Zeldenrust studied astrophysics and at the end realised what he really wanted to do was design buildings. So after a brief detour in consulting he moved to environmental design, which is about making buildings comfortable with as little energy & materials as possible. He was previously a Nerd Nite speaker on the topic of Animal Architecture.
Talking to ourselves: why talking is the key to thinking
This presentation explores recent (and not so recent) theories and research into the way in which talking and thinking are connected. How can changing the ways we talk change the way we think?
Amanda works at the English-Speaking Union, an organisation that works with schools, colleges and the House of Lords to deliver speech and debate training and support to people of all ages.
The NHS: Why doctors get out of bed. Or rather stay up all night
This presentation will tell the story of the NHS, past and present, including first person accounts of some of the sad, happy, funny and true stories of working for our great National Health Service, and the struggle to protect it.
Hayley is a Junior Doctor, currently working in Paediatric A&E.
All proceeds from Nerd Nite London go to charity. This year we are partnering with the Shine Trust to help foster a new generation of nerds. More information about Nerd Nite London can be found by following us on Twitter @nerdnitelondon, liking us on Facebook or visiting our website. For more information about the Shine Trust visit www.shinetrust.org.uk
|18:30 - 22:30||£6.00|
|18:30 - 22:30||£7.50|
Cambridge Heath Road E29PA
Bethnal Green (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.