The Islington Metal Works in North London is a fully licensed, flexible event space. Found tucked behind Angel tube, this warehouse space, built in the late 19th century hosts some of the most famous, unique and eclectic events in the city. The disorientating layout of this incredible warehouse…
Rumpus: Masquerade & Motley
Rumpus: Masquerade and Motley sold out in a record 6 days.
As a result we have added an extra party to this season's line up. Keep your eyes peeled for our July Summer Bash and our cheeky take over of the Hot Cakes Boat Party
Your formal invitation is here.
The Court of Rumpus warmly welcomes Kings, Queens, Gentle Jesters and motley crues to don your masks, paint your smiles, and wander our fair our Kingdom. Come!
For one night, across seven rooms and 8 bewitching hours the Court of Rumpus revels! The Scribes and Annie O have faced highwaymen and high seas to make their way to the Main Room. The Travelling Tavern returns bursting with bands and bards from around the world, with sultry blues & luscious jazz that swings through time.
Djs deliver drop-dead divine beats, acrobats perform fantastic feats and feints of Circus as roving artists roam.
Expect all this and oh-so-much more - for you are in favour of the tip-top, non-stop carousing, cavorting Court of Rumpus!
(More acts to follow week by week!)
Perhaps Contraption - The opulent, outrageous twisted brass, art pop band is set to astound with their wit, humour & undeniably delectable horn hounding sound.
Annie O – The Queen of Mashup blazing a blitz of Electro Swing and Nu Disco to get you trotting!
The Scribes – Rumpus goes hip hop! A blast of brilliance with more energy than could possibly be sensible!
Room 2 – Hot Cakes presents The Bass Bin
Hot Cakes and Rumpus have been throwing parties together since before there was a Hot Cakes and before there was a Rumpus. When we need Bass, we go to the folks who have it in bin-fulls.
Deekline – When he’s not busy blowing up tunes on Radio 1 or remixing Prodigy tunes, our man Deekline comes to Rumpus. It doesn’t get much bigger than this.
DJ Spookz - the sound of record shops, dirty underground venues and 4am sessions in the studio.
Jurassik – Rumpus loves Jurassik. Before we believed in Rumpus, he believed in us. Serving up breaks like no one else can, we can’t wait for him to get behind the decks for us again!
Final Conflict – A reputation as a genre defying dance floor smasher forged on the bass heavy battle fields of the UK underground scene
Kurse - Purveyor of slick UK bass & breakbeat music on hyped imprint Saucy Records and other, this Hot Cakes regular is a guaranteed floorfiller.
Room 3 - Buffo’s Wake present Medieval Mustard
The boys are back in town. We tried to go cold turkey, but we were jonesin’ hard for a fix of Buffo all too soon
La Trocamba Matanusca - Spanish musical gypsies from Valencia to London, via the Balkans. Fiery brass and volcanic percussion!
The Discount Orchestra - High octane south London seven piece, blending gypsy punk and speed-folk into hard rhythms and melodic oddities - guaranteed to get you bouncing!
Haris Pilton DJ - Globe trotting Balkan party starter, original ambassador of Gypsy Dub and the UFOSlavians - from Ljubljana to London for some Rumpus action!
DJ Iva - Goulash Disko crew taking over Rumpus and bringing us into the early hours with eclectic Balkan bangers and tropical gypsy dub!
DJ Wedding Fight - 'More raucous fun than a punch up at a Balkan wedding' - The Buffos Wake resident DJ will be opening and closing the evening with his blend of gyp-hop and anthemic Balkan misc, and probably more than a little Taylor Swift.
Room 4 - The Travelling Tavern
With the Rumpus pARTy Collective
Every royal court needs an underground tavern to titillate its people and on that most marvellous note we now decree to much felt glee - The Travelling Tavern is back! Prepare for the usual medley of the most incredible musicians… who happen to play pretty good too.
And for all those who have been missing the marvel that is the Kazoo Orchestra, could this be your night? Does the most affronting of horns draw near? Why have the Kazoos been silenced of late?
Balothizer - A supergroup of London's Greek musical heroes featuring members of The Turbans, Electric Litany and Valia Calda playing traditional Cretan tunes with beatnik attitude and bebop virtuosity.
Sling - Arthouse space blues for dancing with your mind, trippy explorative jive hop for your itchy feet.
Gertie and Her Gaiety - With all the roaring razzmatazz of the Twenties and Thirties, Gertie brings you the swing, rag-time, chanson and more of this giddy and gay era. Toe-tapping, foot-stamping rags and fervent refrains to set your heart a quiver, this band will charm your cotton-socks off!
Room 5 - The Court Yard
Braaaapppp! When the court gets going the going gets ghetto! Come cotch in the yard where the most regal reprobates and the pengest of peasants roam. All called to the Court Yard by The Alchemist who’s got your back - bringing tunes to keep you bopping through the night.
Room 6 - The Wonderland Café
Pure delight, tea and cake all dished out by these wonderful, charitable Wonderland creatures!
Room 7 - Rumpus Cine-Rave
VJ Harper harpooning the Court of Rumpus to the 21st century with mad visuals and fresh beats.
Super Quantum Ticket of Doom
Half price limited edition super early bird
|22:00 - 06:00||£12.50|
|Super Cheap Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£15.00|
|Super Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£18.00|
|Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£20.00|
|General Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£25.00|
7, Torrens St, EC1V 1NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.