The Cake Walk Cafe: Live jazz and swing dance lessons every week!
- No reviews.
- The Jago
Swing Dancing! Learn this fun, dynamic and challenging style of partner dance in a friendly social setting aimed at total beginners.
Every Wednesday in Dalston we hold a fun introductory lesson before The Cakewalk Cafe, a weekly live jazz night, where you can practice your new moves on the floor to a live band or watch in the corner sipping on cheap drinks late into the night!
- Wednesdays with Phil Mamuyac & Tine Gatchalian
- 8-9 beginners class, live music social until 1am
- @ The Jago at 440 Kingsland Rd
- Prebook not required, just show up!
- Partner not required, we got you covered!
- Cash & Card accepted on the door!
What is Swing Dancing?
It’s a partner dance from the 1930’s primarily done to early jazz (aka swing) music. Specifically we call it Lindy Hop, give it a search in YouTube for reference. Nowadays people from all over the world participate in this style of dance. It’s fun, social, challenging to learn and open to anyone.
What do I wear?
Come as you are, comfortable clothing and shoes that you can move around in....don’t worry about dressing up in any special way.
This is my first lesson, is that okay?
Total beginners welcome! Each class starts from scratch. The majority of our students are also trying out their first dance lesson too!
Can I really show up alone?
Yep, in fact we rotate partners throughout the class, so you’ll always have a partner and eventually get to know most the students!
What kind of people show up?
All types! Artist, business people, artistic business people, anyone .
Ages typically range in class from mid 20’s to mid 30’s....but age doesn’t matter (unless your under 18, in which case, we can’t have you). At the social, you can dance with people up to almost 80 years old, we have one of the most diverse parties around!
Is Cakewalk Cafe included in the class?
Yes! All students are welcome to hang out afterwards and enjoy the live band which plays hot jazz until 1am on a school night!
|Beginner Swing Dance Lesson ((7:30pm) + Live Jazz Night||20:00 - 01:00||£10.00|
The Jago, 440, Kingsland Rd, London, E8 4AA
Dalston Junction (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.