SAXOLOGY PRESENTS ANITA CARMICHAEL & THE SOUL IMMIGRANTS
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Anita Carmichael internationally acclaimed singer saxophonist is re releasing her debut EP Live at the Premises to mark 25 years of its original release featuring a blend of original jazzy funk and soul originals Jamie a mid tempo swing number reminiscent of Ricky Lee Jones and the Crusaders was a hit in Japan, Italy & Spain. her first album since the 1990s after a hiatus raising a family. She has a new album LIPSTICK ON MY REED on UK's leading independent Saxology Records released in March 2020.
"one of the UK's outstanding vocal, songwriting and saxophone talents ..
(The Guardian, UK)
"one of the finest performers around, with her own unique style of music ..a sort of cross between the Crusaders and Ricky Lee Jones
(Jazz FM, London)Formed in 1992; The Soul Immigrants continue to make original and intelligent jazzy, deep funk grooves.' They have every right to sound confident; their variety shows itself through the music, and combined with the influence of a previous generation of funk and soul results in a character that would be hard to emulate.
They mine a musical playing field that pays homage to the past masters of soul, funk and Jazz. The Immigrants do it so well and with such style, that it is still relevant today. The band has amassed a steady stream of dedicated followers in Germany and Japan rather than their native U.K. bedazzling fans with an irresistible blend of "in the pocket grooves" and '70s-era soul/funk.
" You guys are fierce!"Carleen Anderson"I like the way you sing| You’re a Soul Brother Too!"Charles Bradley"Sunk Without The Funk now that’s a tune!!"Craig Charles
GENRES: JAZZ, SOUL & FUNK
ONLY BAR FOOD & DRINKS AVAILABLE IN JAZZ CLUB
À LA CARTE DINING AVAILABLE IN THE MAIN RESTAURANT PRIOR TO SHOW
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 2 HOURS FOR DINNER RESERVATIONS.
Doors: 6pm / Show: 6:30pm - 9:15pm
|18:30 - 21:15||£20.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
3) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
4) Seating is unallocated and based on first come, first served. Please arrive before start time to be guaranteed seating.
5) Once the show has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who have bought tickets on the door.
6) ID Required for students & Musician Union Members