Ophelia Ray & Paul Shine - A Night of Rock N' Roll
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Recently highlighted by Talentbanq as ‘The New Generation Of Rock N’ Roll’, Ophelia Ray and Paul Shine have found an electrifying musical and visual connection that seems in equal measure irresistible and unstoppable. Ahead of the recording of their first EP together, they’re joining forces for the very first time, #liveattoulouse
Ophelia Ray & Paul Shine will perform 2 full sets of songs from their original catalogues and a selection of reinvented rock classics backed by a full band. Join them for a Friday night event like no other!
Ophelia Ray’s music has been described by BBC Radio as having a truly unique and powerful sound with similarities to Stevie Nicks, Patti Smith, Siouxie Sioux and Florence Welch. Her debut single ‘Medicine Man’ was featured as ‘Track Of The Week’ by BBC Introducing and Planet Rock Radio.
Ophelia is trained as an opera singer and has a profound interest in mythology and mysticism - the result is a deeply original yet nostalgic brand of sultry rock’n’roll.
‘Serious Stevie Nicks vibes!’ - Wyatt Wendells, Planet Rock Radio
‘Brilliant composition, beautifully sung’ - BBC Introducing
‘This is sophisticated stuff. It demands attention’ - Camden Live
Paul Shine is a singer, songwriter, musician and poet based in London. With a stage presence that blends fiery charisma and a halo of mystic sensitivity, the frontman of rock band Dead Writers has made his fascination for literature a trademark that pervades his captivating music and live performances. His work has often been likened to The Cure, Queen and Manic Street Preachers.
Described as 'astonishing' by goth icon Nick Cave, Paul’s fusion of impressive vocals, elegant piano playing, poetic lyrics and dark bohemian aesthetics make up a thrilling experience that instantly drags listeners into a moment of rapture and electric beauty.
‘Darkly romantic with an untouchable coolness’ - MetalPlanet Music
‘Shine’s energy and passion for performing his songs is striking and compelling – he commands attention and you can’t help but be drawn in’ - Louder Than War
‘Vocals that could easily fill a stadium. An instant classic’ - A&R Factory
Doors Open 1 Hour before Start Time
|20:30 - 23:00||£12.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.