Lara Eidi - International Women's Day Special
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
What better way to celebrate International Women's Day 2023 than with the incredible Lara Eidi and her show, 'A World of Ones Own'
Undefined by style, Lara’s music has earned her own unique place in the music world as a storyteller, singer, multi-instrumentalist and composer heard at venues including the Barbican, St Martins in the Fields, Sofar Sounds and the Pizza Express. Athens born to Lebanese-Canadian parents, her music has gained her critical acclaim as an artist with a truly unique voice (BBC Artist, 2020), described as “a singer with true gift of a voice, a kind soul, and a captivating presence.” (JazzUK). A passionate artist, her music seeks to elevate, heal and connect with audiences inviting them into a world of stories and sounds they can immerse in, often reminiscent of a modern day troubadouresse!
Since relocating to Athens and a frequent performing artist in the UK and Europe, her new project ‘Troubadour ‘offers a glimpse into her latest venture. A raw, soulful yet delicate recanting of her own journey of being born in Athens, hailing from Lebanon and Canada, studying in Scotland,, Ireland and finally, living in London.
Joined by long time collaborator and friend Dave Mannington (Yazz Ahmed) (and a few surprise guests), ‘ A world of One’s Own’ debuts a brand new trio, with Lara at the piano, guitar and voice, Dave Maningoton on Bass, Mandolin and Guitar, and special guest drummer and composer Migdalia Van Der Hoven ( Six).
Lara made a big splash at her Toulouse debut last year, as part of our first, Women In Jazz Media' EFG London jazz fest, and we can't wait to have her back - so book your tickets now for your chance to see this exceptional artist.
Music Website :
Doors Open 1 Hour before Start Time
|19:30 - 22:30||£15.00|
Watch at Home (Online Only)
Watch LIVE or LATER from the comfort of your own home.
|19:30 - 22:30||£12.50|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.