Hackoustic Presents Christmas Party
- No reviews.
This is the first ever Christmas edition of our evening of performances, talks, demonstrations, installations and mingling with some of London's top sound artists, builders, hackers and educators. We have a great line up this time with three first timers: Porcapizza, Chase Coley and Adam Paroussos, each of whom will be demonstrating their unique hacked instruments. We've also got the return of the wonderful and hilarious Eastmann Presser after his great slot at the Hackoustic Festival and finally the debut of the Hackoustic Orchestra with some of the most unique projects from our Hackoustic Presents series performing together as an ensemble.
We'll also have our resident DJ #BarrysLounge spinning discs for us and the return of an instrument build or two so you have something to take home with you.
We're really looking forward to this one. Should be loads of fun!
Fully designed and assembled by the mind and hands of Massimo Tortella, born and raised in the heart of north Italy, Viadana. Multi-instrumentalist
Check out some of his videos!
Chase Coley’s instrument-making practice is a point of departure that interrogates the choreography of movements, actions and intentions, to produce new performance both with and beyond these instruments and their sculptural display.
Adam Paroussos is a sound artist and composer, just graduated from Central Saint Martins. He performs in the cracks and corners of London as ‘Bamboo Mustard’ in a sound costume with self-made instruments and embraces audience participation and improvisation. These performances attempt to embody the raw elements of sound and vibration and strive to create an environment of communal expression, connectivity and spontaneous music making. Adam works across theatre, live art and film including composing the soundtrack for Andrea Zimmerman’s ‘Erase and Forget’ documentary and Jotdown’s physical theatre show ‘Haidar’.
Eastman is a musicker currently based in London. His practice takes interaction between sound and the body as a starting point for creating situations that humorously problematise ideas of listening genres and mediation. He’ll be performing Good Listener, an invitation to listen, in different ways, to different sounds, some of which might happen to be music. It will ask questions such as “how do we listen?”, “does it really matter what music is?” and that age old quandary, “is Steely Dan actually good?”.
For the first time, we will have some of Hackoustics most unique projects from our Hackoustic Presents series performing together as an ensemble. With doppler feedback machines, tape loops, Curio, light synths made/reassembled while we play, upcycled induction instruments and the sounds of the first second of the universe being created! All conducted/guided by Hackoustics creative director, Tom Fox (Vulpestruments).
Valid with a current student card
Old Paradise Yard 20 Carlisle Street SE1 7LG
Lambeth North (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.