- No reviews.
Alan Jackson and Tom Daley will be creating a multi-phonic surround sound texture performance using electromechnical acoustic feedback with contact miccs, suspended loudspeakers and signal processing. Dissonant resonant harmonic noise, and the Electric Bullroarer.
The Isn'tses have designed and manufactured a PCB called the Fort Processor. The circuit explores the relationship between architectural space and electric circuitry. The PCB was developed as part of Fort Process 2018 and is shaped and based on the site plan of Newhaven Fort. They will be presenting the Fort Processor with a talk explaining the development of the synth followed by a demonstration of the synth inaction.
Noemi Ducimetiere will be performing with the Tinylitzer micro foley-studio. Born in the mania of a 36-hour Abbey Road Studios Hackathon under the watchful eye of Hackoustic and Human Instruments, the tinylitzer enables Neomi to explore the powers of mechanical and tactile foley, and combine it with storytelling and song; an exploration you are invited to dip your toes into, with the possibility of falling in and being engulfed.
Jen Haughan will be demoing Face Beat, another project born at the Abbey Road Studios Hackathon. Developed with Andrew Hockey, Face Beat is an app that creates sounds using your facial expressions – so be ready to make some funny faces, and make some noise while you're at it!
Brendan O'Connor will be debuting the Singer-No-More, an interactive audio sampler sampler built out of a sewing machine. Another Hackathon born instrument - this time Queen Mary's Cruft Fest 2018 - the results are incredible!
Howard Batchen will be demoing his hammered dulcimer that he made for his son Milo, picking up a lot of knowledge about dulcimers, their history and the history of music. It's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship from one of the South London Maker Space's most prolific members.
A discount ticket for the rapid!
|19:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
|Standard||19:30 - 22:30||£7.00|
Valid with a current student card
|19:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
IKLECTIK, Old Paradise Yard, 20 Carlisle Street, London, SE1 7LG
Lambeth North (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.