Hackoustic Christmas Party 2018
- No reviews.
It's that time of year again - log fires burning, Christmas pudding in the oven and rampant commercialism taking over your consciousness. Give yourself a break from the madness and join us at our annual Christmas party!
We have an incredible lineup - absolutely not to be missed.
Robert is a composer and technologist who's worked with Massive Attack, Hans Zimmer and the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra among many others. He'll be talking about adaptive systems, algorithmic, generative, stochastic composition, procedural generation and machine learning/artificial intelligence and sharing his experience of working on some of the largest and most exciting projects out there.
Mammoth Beat Organ
Graham Dunning and Sam Underwood will demoing their two-player, semi-autonomous mechanical musical contraption the Mammoth Beat Organ for the first time in London. Check out this How Do They Make It !? video for a preview of this amazing machine. Sam and Graham will also be running a workshop in the afternoon where you'll have a chance to hack the organ for yourself. Tickets for that will be released soon so keep your eyes on our social channels.
Alessia will present her project Aural Fabric fresh from Ars Electronica 2018. The installation is an interactive textile map that reveals the sonic character of the architectural and natural elements encountered during a soundwalk of Greenwich, London.
Andrew will be premiering his brand new and interactive Water Bowl Piano. Some of you may remember his installation Kinetic Tones from previous Hackoustic events and we can't wait to see his latest work!
- The Hackoustic Orchestra will make it's return - expect to be astonished by a musical extravaganza the like of which has never been seen :)
- Instrument building with Vulpestruments and Tim Yates
The wonderful #BarrysLounge, our resident DJ and Design Thinker!
Super Early Bird
A discount ticket for the extremely rapid!
|19:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
A discount ticket for the quick off the mark
|19:30 - 22:30||£7.00|
|Standard||19:30 - 22:30||£10.00|
Valid with a current student card
|19:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
IKLECTIK, Old Paradise Yard, 20 Carlisle Street, London, SE1 7LG
Lambeth North (Tube)
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.