Florence Joelle Quartet
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
With the stylings of Nick Tomalin on Piano /Organ, Ian Marcus holding it down on Bass and Matt Jackson, bringing the Latin and Bosa flare on Snare and percussion, Joelle is free to express all her musical passions and talents.
Bathed in nostalgia, her honey notes can also pack a punch, exploring recent injustices with songs like “29 Bus Blues”, evoking a darker side of a London Night Bus journey and “How Many Chickens Are You Missing Today?” tackles the expulsion of The Romani from France. Her songs have notably been hailed as ‘song of the week’ on BBC introducing - including ‘29 Bus Blues and ‘When I Get Low I Get High’ and played on Jazz Fm, as well as radio stations across the world. We really enjoy the way her harmonica intro on the track “One Steps Forwards” always captivates the audience.
As a recording artist and fan favourite across the city, Joelle’s band performs her unique stylings of Jazz, music from the Paris Streets and old school RnB with captivating excellence. You’ll feel like you want to order a Pernod and take up smoking from a cigarette holder - unfortunately, we can allow only one of these activities - so, press your favourite vintage suit and source a wiggle dress for you’re going to want to look the part. Don’t be disappointed and book ahead now!
Doors Open 1 Hour before Start Time
|20:30 - 23:00||£15.00|
Watch at Home (Online Only)
Watch LIVE or LATER from the comfort of your own home.
|20:30 - 23:00||£12.50|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.