Consort Of Voices - Across The Bridge Of Hope
- St. Matthew's Church
Where have we come from, and where are we going?
Join Consort of Voices for an immersive musical story From AGINCOURT TO THE PRESENT DAY, and hear from some of the people working in Parliament to help stop religious persecution across the world.
Combining storytelling with music, lighting and recorded audio in this spectacular event, Consort of Voices presents a programme which runs from the pomp and ceremony of soldiers marching en masse into battle, through Glen Miller’s spirit-lifting In the Mood, to a poignant letter written by a dying solder to his family in the American Civil War, and beyond.
The evening will be a little different to normal, with the pews turned inwards to face the central aisle, creating a more immersive and vulnerable experience for our audience. The programme also includes the London premiere of a new commission by Peter Foggitt which weaves together the English and German versions of Silent Night to tell the story of the Christmas Truce.
There will be a retiring collection in aid of the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for International Freedom of Religion or Belief. The APPG works to ensure UK and other governments prevent conflict in which people are targeted because of their belief and responds to crises involving different religious or non-religious communities worldwide.
@BloomsburyBooks we have a signed copy of 'Sea Prayer' by Khaled Hosseini (author of 'The Kite Runner') up for grabs on concert night.
|Standard Ticket||19:00 - 20:20||£10.00|
St. Matthew's Church, Church House, St. Peter's Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 2BU
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.