Franciacorta vs. Champagne, the first in a series of monthly battles, which see leading sommeliers go head-to-head at Osteria, in a duel where fizz is the weapon of choice and bar snacks are expertly paired. Stepping onto the battlefield will be Debbie Kerr from Milton Sandford Wines, championing Franciacorta, whilst award-winning sommelier and Searcy’s ambassador, Joël Claustre will be the Champagne expert.
The evening will commence with the Battle of the Classic Cuvee Bruts, with the hosts choosing a Champagne Brut to rival its Franciacorta counterpart, before the Blanc de Blancs; in which Blanc Champagne will challenge Blanc Franciacorta. The final round will see the Rise of the Roses; with Rose Champagne pitted against Rose Franciacorta, before judgement is ruled and the winner is crowned.
Snacks designed by Anthony Demetre of Wild Honey and Head Chef Patrick Leano to complement the drinks menu, will include Maldon Rock Oyster with beetroot and Dorset crab biscuit, Seared scallop with puree Jerusalem artichoke and Raspberry tartlet.. It is up to YOU to decide which sommelier has chosen the best pairings for the evening.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
It was absolutely perfect. The venue was surprising, the food was delicious (we stayed for a meal after the tasting), the atmosphere was relaxed, and the bubbles were spot on. I would love to come back for another event and would recommend this one to just about any body.
visited Osteria on 21 Feb 2017
22 Feb 2017 by
DesignMyNight Contact info
Ground Floor PG03
23-28 Penn Street
To contact the DesignMyNight office: