Nightspot Cinema Presents Trainspotting
- The Institute of Lights
Nightspot Cinema does TRAINSPOTTING!
Step back into the 90's with us, as we celebrate the launch of T2 and prepare ourselves for Danny Boyles critique of a new generation...
We will be screening the original film in a state-of-the-art cinema at The Institute of Lights, followed by a banging Brit Pop party celebrating all things 90's and British - like David Bowie, Underworld, Blur, Joy Division and of course deep fried mars bars...
DJ and radio presenter Sunta Templeton from Radio X and Choice FM will be spinning the records on the night in order to fully immerse you into the world of 90's Brit Pop.
Trainspotting always offered more than just a façade of phoney counterculture to the middle classes: it had what is quite possibly the best soundtrack of any film over the last twenty years – and we’ve been waiting for the right moment to do this party for a while now…
Expect a few minor immersive elements thrown in for sure, but if you’re looking to experience Trainspotting in a Jacuzzi, on a rooftop or in a 360-degree participatory world where the boundaries between performer and audience are constantly shifting, Choose Hot Tub Cinema, Choose Rooftop Cinema, Choose Secret Cinema… But why would you want to go and do a thing like that?
Choose Nightspot Cinema for one very real night of great British music, where the 90’s dress code is definitely optional and you can revel in the irony that you’ve chosen life, albeit in the guise of rejecting the label ‘hipster’ while attending an alternative pop-up cinema event, just like this one.
a celebration of 90’s British counterculture
|18:00 - 23:00||£10.00|
The Institute of Lights, 376 Helmsley Place, London, E8 3SB
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.