STAND UP 4 WOMEN – CLAPHAM EDITION
- No reviews.
- The Bread & Roses Theatre
An evening of stand-up comedy to create awareness about domestic abuse and raise funds for Solace Women’s Aid.
Over the span of two weeks, there are five nights with over 50 funny women helping to fundraise for Solace Women’s Aid. The charity exists to bring to an end the harm done through domestic and sexual violence to all survivors and in particular women and children. Their work is holistic, feminist and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse. Solace is committee to continuous improvement to end abuse and violence.
On the 3rd July 2016 at the Bread And Roses Theatre, a fabulous bunch of women will entertain the crowd and proving really that women can just be as funny as men!
Katie Prichard -
What sort of comedy does Katie do? Well...she does songs, dancing, she covers history and politics, does impersonations, Kazoo solo's, has a ukulele and some vegetables. Who knows what's going to happen when Katie takes to the stage?!?!
"Pritchard delights the crowd...is nothing short of brilliant" (Pamela Anderson)
“Arielle is just what the comedy industry needs and should be forced upon every audience until they buckle under her spell"_Franky Boyle
" super sassy and super funny; a breath of fresh air on any comedy line up"_ Barry Ferns, Angel Comedy
Winner! Beat the comedy store gong. Beat the frog and bucket gong. Beat the crap out of anyone who picks on her chips! But otherwise hate violence!
Micky is the worst nanny ever by day. Occasional funny person by night. Micky is the newest funny woman on the comedy scene and has already made an impact winning the Max Turner Prize 2016 in her first year of comedy. She loves to tell tales of her homeland of Amsterdam whilst playing with sterotypes. One to watch in 2016.
A twenty-something year old female, Fiona has a skewed look at her life experiences whilst continually looking to achieve a fairy-tale life.
She has won a number of stand-up comedy competitions including 'The Blackout' at Up The Creek (twice). Beat the gong at the Comedy Store London in December 2014. Also in that year she performed in Edinburgh in the semi-final of the renowned competition 'So you Think You're Funny?'. In May 2015 Fiona was a finalist in 'Jokers Joker', Golden Jester and The Max Turner.
"A strong, smart and spirited performer" Remote Goat
"Bubbly & charismatic" TPR Scotland
Comedy Knights Fresh Comedian Competition Finalist 2014, Max Turner Competition Finalist 2014 & 2015, Funny Women Awards Semi-finalist 2013.
Suzy Wilde is a rising star of the comedy circuit. She had been a finalist in the Laughing Horse New Act of The Year, Finalist in Up The Creek "One To Watch" and Semi Finalist in So You Think You're Funny. She combines her observational skills with a talent for voices to bring her stories to life
Harriet Kemsley 'a very funny new stand up,' Time Out, has performed stand up on The One Show, Then Radio1 Comedy Lounge and The BBC Comedy Marathon as well as being Tour Support for Katherine Ryan and Isy Suttie on their nationwide tours.
These women are fierce, strong and above all else funny. What a better way to show the world that women do run the world. A great night out for a great cause.
|Standard||19:30 - 22:00||£8.00|
Standard + Donation to the theatre
As a young venue we are still upgrading and developing the space, any donations are much appreciated and will be used towards improving the theatre even further and keeping the venue going in the long-term.
|19:30 - 22:00||£9.00|
The Bread & Roses Theatre, 68, Clapham Manor Street, London, SW4 6DZ
Clapham North (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Latecomers may not be admitted.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
7 Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
9. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
10. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
11. Cast and creative team are subject to change and any changes provide no justification for possible refunds.