SE1 Comedy @ The Leather Exchange
- The Leather Exchange
SE1 Comedy is a new monthly comedy night where established and newer comedians perform new material. It's hosted by Julian Hall, presenter of the Let's Kill Twitter show, and Cameron Blair, one of New Zealand's up-and-coming musical comedians.
It all takes place at the cosy and characterful pub The Leather Exchange, a short and direct walk from London Bridge underground and overground stations (Shard exit).
Line-up for July 7th, 2022: Stefano Paolini, Chelsea Kirkby, Alex Farrow & Alex Bertulis-Fernandes.
Stefano Paolini is a stand up comedian who performs impressions, characters and beatboxing to create highly entertaining routines. He is a popular face on the comedy circuit, as well as doing voice-overs on radio, television and on line.
He was runner up in So You Think Your Funny (2001) and runner up in the BBC New Comedy Awards (2002) and since then he has had a constant stream of work. In 2005 he performed his solo show, BRITALIAN at the Edinburgh Fringe festival. He later translated the show into Italian and performed it to a sold out theatre in Bolzano, Italy. He has performed all over the U.K and abroad including, Germany, Malta, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Dubai, Abu-Dhabi, Doha, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and Myanmar.
On radio he has appeared as a special guest on DEAD RINGERS (BBC Radio 4). He voiced a variety of characters in the DREEM TEEM XMAS PANTO (BBC Radio 1 - two specials). He has guested on LOOSE ENDS (BBC Radio 4), THE JO WHILEY SHOW (BBC Radio 1), LBC and BBC London. He featured in THE PROBLEM WITH ADAM BLOOM (BBC Radio 4), SPANKING NEW (BBC Radio 7) and THE MILK RUN for BBC Radio 1. On television he was the voice of Tony Blair in DOUBLE TAKE (Channel 4) and Fabio Capello in HEADCASES (ITV1) as well as several different characters in the animated series, Bromwell High (Channel 4).
Stefano is also an author and published his debut book in 2015 called, Missing Presumed Drowned: A true story of the internment of Italians resident in Britain during the Second World War.
"Cracking entertainment. Stefano is a fresh and welcome addition." ****ONE4REVIEW.COM
"the best voice- merchant on the live circuit is Paolini, who has done some TV but is destined for wider exposure" EVENING STANDARD
"A remarkable repertoire of voices and sounds" THE STAGE
Chelsea has taken two split-bills to the Edinburgh fringe (with Matt Hobs in 2018, and with Jamie D’Souza in 2019, ‘A show I guarantee anyone at the fringe will enjoy.’ **** Mumble), and she has shared the stage with some of the UK’s biggest stars, including James Acaster, Nish Kumar, Rosie Jones, Angela Barnes, Ed Gamble, Fern Brady, and Laura Lexx.
Chelsea’s broadcast credits include BBC Radio 4 Extra’s Comedy Club, Union Jack FM, BBC Radio Oxford (including co-host of The Laugh Lounge) Next Up and she was featured in Chortle’s ‘Most memorable gigs of 2020.’
‘Chelsea Birkby talked frankly about mental illness... my jaw soon aching with laughter.’
**** Oxford Times
‘Star in the making Chelsea Birkby is no stranger to these galas and is a real talent, outshining the big guns with her easy charm and sparkling anecdotal humour. Her warm delivery and engaging stage presence belie a wicked, and frequently smutty, streak.’
‘Chelsea is a natural MC...Revitalising. a cute puppy’s worth of cleverness and class….A show I can guarantee anyone at the fringe will enjoy.’
‘Chelsea Birkby absolutely deserved her slot as headline act, with an effortless set that covered the philosophy of existentialism and the comparative wisdoms of Jean-Paul Sartre and Kim Kardashian West.’
Oxford Opening Night
‘Jericho Comedy regular Chelsea Birkby also appeared – a rising star with a stunning performance.’
Ox in a Box
‘Crackled with energy and ambition…Brimming with talent, sure to go far.’
Alex Farrow, comedian and former school teacher with two sell-out shows themed around philosophy at the Edinburgh fringe in 2019 and 2021. He is host and producer at Jericho Comedy. Jericho has raised over £100,000 for the mental health charity Oxfordshire Mind to date.
'Like a non-irritating Jack Whitehall crossed with Rob Newman.'
Kate Copstick in the Scotsman - 5 stars
'A robust introduction to the cohort of comedians who love their facts.'
Steve Bennett, Chortle
'Fans of philosopher of the mind Thomas Nagel will certainly enjoy Farrow...best Cardi B joke of the Fringe 2021.'
Alex Bertulis-Fernandes was a So You Think You’re Funny? Semi-Finalist (2021) and a 2Northdown New Act Semi-Finalist (2020). She has written for BBC Radio 4's 'The Now Show' and BBC Radio Scotland's 'Breaking the News', and was praised by BBC Radio 4’s Commissioning Editor of Comedy for having ‘so many good lines’ and ‘a really great performing style’. Earlier this year Alex took her split bill with Sharlin Jahan, 'White Chicks 2', to Soho Theatre.
SE1 Comedy @ The Leather Exchange,
|19:30 - 22:00||£5.00|
The Leather Exchange, 15 Leathermarket Street, London, SE1 3HN
London Bridge (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.