SE1 Comedy @ The Leather Exchange
- The Leather Exchange
SE1 Comedy is a new monthly comedy night where established and newer comedians perform new material. It's hosted by Julian Hall, presenter of the Let's Kill Twitter show, and Cameron Blair, one of New Zealand's up-and-coming musical comedians.
It all takes place at the cosy and characterful pub The Leather Exchange, a short and direct walk from London Bridge underground and overground stations (Shard exit).
Line-up for June 2nd: Anna Morris, Miles Chapman, Jack Turner, Alice Frick and Benjamin Patterson.
Anna Morris is an award-winning comedian, writer and actress. She has written and performed four critically acclaimed one-woman comedy shows which have toured the UK and Australia. On TV, Anna has starred in Channel 4’s Lee and Dean, BBC’s The First Team, Outnumbered and Count Arthur Strong. Anna also wrote and starred in ITV’s comedy entertainment show Bad Bridesmaid and is the creator of viral lockdown comedy videos such as Back to Work and music parodies New (Tier) Rules and Vaccine! She has single-sided deafness (which she’s written about in The Guardian) and supports Action on Hearing Loss. Anna is currently writing two sitcoms with Mark O’Sullivan (Lee and Dean), and her BBC Radio 4 comedy special Kid-Life Crisis is available on BBC Sounds. Next year she’ll play The Wife of Bath in BBC 2 History Documentary The Making of Us and will star in ITV’s new teen drama Tell me Everything.
Miles is a writer, performer and comedy producer, best known for playing Lee in Channel 4’s 'Lee and Dean'. He’s also starred ‘Life on the Road’ with Ricky Gervais and in the recent season of Derry Girls. Miles has given stand-up a go a couple of times and 3 people said he was ‘quite funny’ - his wife said he was shit! This is enough evidence for Miles to torture yet more audiences with his beige ramblings. Catch Miles in this intimate venue before he disappears forever.
Despite being a relative newcomer, Jack has already made a big splash in the comedy world, after he was caught dumping 150 VHS copies of 'Big Break Bloopers' into the Thames.
Jack's accolades are glowing and numerous. Far too many to mention here really. He'd love to, but there simply isn't the space! But to give you an idea, here are a couple of highlights: Someone in a Wetherspoon’s toilet once said he ‘smelt nice’. Another time, he was told he was ‘quite funny, considering’. Considering what, we may never know, but rest assured that one word has niggled him ever since, and caused many, many sleepless nights. Like we said, some real compelling accolades for this guy. Phew!
Jack doesn't believe in star signs, making him a typical Aries.
Alice Frick, award winning comedian and Funny Women Finalist 2012, is an Austrian comedian based in London. She has been featured on a few TV shows in Germany (WDR, Comedy Central), and moved to Los Angeles where she started doing comedy in English, before moving to the U.K.
Alice is the writer and producer of the sitcom “What the Frick” and has just published her first book, “The Anti Self-Help Book”. Alice also is host a monthly sell-out comedy night in the West End called: "Laughing Labia”.
“exuberant.... perfectly pitched”, Three Weeks
Benjamin has performed his sometimes-silly, sometimes-serious jokes all the way from The Far East (Bethnal Green) to The Deep South (Greenwich), as well as The Third World (wherever you live). Balancing his job as a comedian with his role as a stuntman, Benjamin has been making people laugh for many years, sometimes comedy audiences, sometimes prospective employers, and he looks forward to making your acquaintance.
SE1 Comedy @ The Leather Exchange,
|19:30 - 22:00||£5.00|
The Leather Exchange, 15 Leathermarket Street, London, SE1 3HN
London Bridge (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.